General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMD

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hi everyone, I hope you’re all keeping well! I was wondering whether anyone had completed the Mishcon training contract assessment day and whether they could shed any light on the process? I would really appreciate any guidance! Thanks :)

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
Same here... hmmm definitely a trend here. I wonder whether they’ve reduced the number of direct training contracts available due to COVID. We can tell ourselves that anyway, if it makes us feel better :D
Could be a possibility as my app was really tailored to the firm. Haha COVID is a good excuse for it anyway :)

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
Did anybody else receive an email from grad recruitment today that Norton Rose Fulbright has decided to wait till all second year results have been received before viewing your application? And that we have to apply again during the next application window? My second year results were on my application so I hope it wasn’t just me who got this email

Reactions: Alice G

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Did anybody else receive an email from grad recruitment today that Norton Rose Fulbright has decided to wait till all second year results have been received before viewing your application? And that we have to apply again during the next application window? My second year results were on my application so I hope it wasn’t just me who got this email

Hey! NRF haven't even held any of their spring or summer vacs yet. We were told in June that vacs would take place in September over the course of three days but haven't received any other info yet.

My guess is maybe they are waiting to make offers to VS students in September by which time they would already open apps for next cycle/make offers to direct TC applicants like yourself then.

Hope that gives you some context for the email but I'm just speculating here as well.

Reactions: Law2022

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    Hey! NRF haven't even held any of their spring or summer vacs yet. We were told in June that vacs would take place in September over the course of three days but haven't received any other info yet.

My guess is maybe they are waiting to make offers to VS students in September by which time they would already open apps for next cycle/make offers to direct TC applicants like yourself then.

Hope that gives you some context for the email but I'm just speculating here as well.
    Hey! Thanks for replying. Your response was super helpful and the email makes a lot more sense now! I couldn’t find any information on this so thanks again. Good luck on your vac scheme :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.