General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuNo

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 33
Mar 15, 2020
Amazing, really well done!! When was your AC? I had mine with ML last Monday and still waiting to hear back.

Did they call or send an email?
Thank you so much!! My AC was Wednesday and they called me yesterday. They did say 2-3 weeks to hear back so I’m sure they’re just taking their time to get back to people. Let me know how it goes I’m crossing everything for you!!!

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
Thank you so much!! My AC was Wednesday and they called me yesterday. They did say 2-3 weeks to hear back so I’m sure they’re just taking their time to get back to people. Let me know how it goes I’m crossing everything for you!!!

Haha thank you, fingers crossed we all hear the positive news!

O

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 27, 2019
does anyone know how much emphasis bakers puts on a levels? I didn't have the strongest a levels but I'm on track for a first - do you think this would be ok?

Hey, I didn’t get strong a levels grades (or at least the equivalent) either but I still got invited to an AC. I guess depending on what stage in Uni you are, they might place more emphasis there (but this is just me speculating). Hope this helps!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
no I probably wouldn't but I have extenuating circumstances but I don't like putting them down as I feel firms probably look down upon them

Then it’s unlikely the firm will consider you unless you have AAB or equivalent.

They have a contextualised recruitment process and will consider extenuating circumstances, but if you are unwilling to declare the latter for your own personal reasons a firm can’t do much about that.

• ℹ️
Reactions: billalchowdhury

CL-BD

Premium Member
Nov 19, 2019
I have just received an AC invite from FF and I am over the moon!

A while a back I carried out a VS with Stephenson Harwood and did not convert it into a TC so, naturally, I felt quite deflated. I powered through and submitted some applications despite feeling hopeless. I took a breather away from applications, checking portals etc. throughout July and Aug and began enjoying the simple things in life like the weather, going for walks etc. It sounds silly but I now feel very refreshed and I am ready to put my all into my upcoming AC (and any others that may follow). Even if I don't get a TC this year, there's always next year!

I guess this post serves to echo what others have said on here: this whole process is like a marathon and it's okay to take a step back, breathe and gain perspective.

Good luck everyone :)

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
when were you told you would hear back?
They didn't really mention in the AC how long it would take to hear back. I found a post on TSR from some years ago saying the firm took quite a long time to respond post-AC (4+ weeks) but another candidate on here got an offer just 1 week after their AC, and it's been around 2 weeks for me, so I was wondering if it would be worth it to email them today / on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.