General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    I'm a bit confused about Hogan Lovells' A level requirements as I cannot find anything on their website, but on some other websites, like Chambers Student, it says AAA - does anyone know what their academic requirements are?
    They use a contextualised recruitment system so highly unlikely to have an AAA minimum requirement (otherwise there is little to no point of having the system).
    just an update about this, I emailed HL and this is what they replied with:

"Ideally we would like candidates to have achieved an AAB or above at A-level. Note we do take all mitigating circumstances into account."

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    just an update about this, I emailed HL and this is what they replied with:

"Ideally we would like candidates to have achieved an AAB or above at A-level. Note we do take all mitigating circumstances into account."

I suspect that AAB is slightly lower with contextualised flags/scores which is why they say “ideally”. Also allows them to apply some exceptions should they want to.

Esteemed Member
    Dec 15, 2018
    Not sure if anyone will have the answer to this..hopefully someone does... for the UBS online tests does anyone know if they let you immediately after the tests if you have passed/failed?

EMD

Aug 13, 2020
    Anyone heard back from TLT (direct)? They told me they’d try to get back to me by 7th September but I still haven’t heard anything and the portal still says ‘in process’

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.