General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aun Abbas

Aug 10, 2019
Hiya - After finishing the Tests for HSF's Winter Vacation Scheme - did people get a confirmation email right after following the report saying that the application is under review? Also, do they send a separate email detailing whether you passed or not? Thank you in advance!

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Hiya - After finishing the Tests for HSF's Winter Vacation Scheme - did people get a confirmation email right after following the report saying that the application is under review? Also, do they send a separate email detailing whether you passed or not? Thank you in advance!

How did you find the test (particularly the SJT and personality sections)? Do you have any advice for preparing? :)

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018

I got the email saying I had met their benchmark a minute after the one saying my application was under review (having received the report email a few minutes before the review one). Have you checked your junk folder? or it might be that loads of people have applied today so there might be a lag

Reactions: Aun Abbas

Aun Abbas

Aug 10, 2019
How did you find the test (particularly the SJT and personality sections)? Do you have any advice for preparing? :)
Hi Nikki - I think they were all fairly intuitive and are designed to evaluate your individual personality. In other words, being honest - whilst pragmatic - I imagine, is really the best way to confront them. In the end I did end up receiving the email that said I passed the benchmark and I employed that very tactic.

D

Deleted member 2707

Tell your reader why it excites and inspires you. Your application form is about you, not actualy about the topic.

Thank you Jessica! I've proceeded in this direction. The application also asks us to detail a goal we have set out to achieve. Is the firm looking for a work-related goal (eg: building on commercial skills etc.) or a more personal goal (eg: working on and finishing my novel)?

D

Deleted member 2707

I got the email saying I had met their benchmark a minute after the one saying my application was under review (having received the report email a few minutes before the review one). Have you checked your junk folder? or it might be that loads of people have applied today so there might be a lag

Hi guys! Congratulations on completing the HSF test! I'm planning to sit mine tomorrow and was wondering if you have any advice? I'm a bit worried as this is the first time I'm doing their test and would just like to be know what to expect in terms of structure and type of questions! Thank you so much :)

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Out of interest, and if anyone wants to share, I was wondering which strongest and weakest attributes successful Linklaters candidates get in their Capp Assessment Feedback Report?

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    For the linklaters application, does anyone know when the application is "complete"? Is it after completing the CAPPs assessment or before that date? I am asking because I understand the WG must be completed within 5 days of the application being completed.

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    For the linklaters application, does anyone know when the application is "complete"? Is it after completing the CAPPs assessment or before that date? I am asking because I understand the WG must be completed within 5 days of the application being completed.

After submitting, you receive one email with the link to the assessment, and upon completion of that you're emailed the WG link and asked to complete "as soon as possible" within the next five days! But to be safe I'd personally just do it within five days of receiving the link to the first assessment.

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Reactions: Glfisher

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    After submitting, you receive one email with the link to the assessment, and upon completion of that you're emailed the WG link and asked to complete "as soon as possible" within the next five days! But to be safe I'd personally just do it within five days of receiving the link to the first assessment.
    Ok, just to clarify, I will be sent a link to the WG after completion of the CAPPS test, and at this point, the 5 days starts? I'm just wondering because I was sent a link to the CAPPS test 5 days ago today, so am wondering if the WG needs to be completed today as well?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.