Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who are sending in your interview experiences! I am seeing @Jaysen posting a lot of good stuff and I think even just knowing how different AC's operate and what you can expect really helps to relax people (or it always did for me at least)!

Thank you for such a great team effort and taking the time to write them! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who are sending in your interview experiences! I am seeing @Jaysen posting a lot of good stuff and I think even just knowing how different AC's operate and what you can expect really helps to relax people (or it always did for me at least)!

Thank you for such a great team effort and taking the time to write them! :)

Am amazed at how hard some of these interview questions are - some of them seem way more suited to candidates post LPC!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey guys! I've been pretty MIA as corona-anxiety has impacted me greatly over the past few weeks, BUT..... I am so pleased to say that I was offered a place on the Irwin Mitchell VS/ Legal Placement Scheme this morning. :)

Congratulations! Its great to hear some fantastic news like this that reassures us there are still "business as usual" aspects continuing

• 🤝
    Reactions: Ifmhouse4

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Aw Flora, I’m so happy to be reading this I can’t even tell you. You always push so hard and persevere and seek to take everything on board! I’m beaming so much for you, congratulations, and it’s so well deserved!
    Thanks Alice this means a lot and thanks for your help along the way. Perseverance really does pay off! :)

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: gricole, Daniel Boden and Alice G

epwz98

Oct 31, 2019
    Quick question - if a spring vac scheme is cancelled and re-scheduled for a summer vac scheme, does this mean that there will be less slots left for the summer vac scheme? I have an AC coming up and was wondering if this would in anyway be affected!

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    Quick question - if a spring vac scheme is cancelled and re-scheduled for a summer vac scheme, does this mean that there will be less slots left for the summer vac scheme? I have an AC coming up and was wondering if this would in anyway be affected!

I wouldn’t have thought so unless they suddenly decide to reduce the number of trainees. Either way don’t worry about it, just focus on nailing the AC (assuming it goes ahead).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Not necessarily - they may just increase the size of the summer scheme, either by taking more people on or by creating a different set of dates.

number of internships is usually considered against the number of training contracts, alongside capacity/desk space within the business

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.