Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, the assessment I did yesterday was an incorrect one. They re-sent me another assessment which was a lot different than the previous one and had an attachment I couldn't open for 5 mins. Is it worth emailing them?

yes - if there was a fault with the test you should contact them immediately

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
May 12, 2019
Hi Jessica, the assessment I did yesterday was an incorrect one. They re-sent me another assessment which was a lot different than the previous one and had an attachment I couldn't open for 5 mins. Is it worth emailing them?

Hi - i have to do the assessment too! What is it like? I was assuming some kind of watson glaser style test

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all, I had an email earlier today regarding Forsters.

They are putting their graduate recruitment process "on hold" this summer, by cancelling the vacation schemes and the direct training contract recruitment process.

They plan to pick this recruitment up at a later stage in the year when their office reopens and when "it is safe to have candidates come in for assessments and interviews".

• ℹ️
Reactions: S87, Dawn, D95 and 2 others

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019

They are putting their graduate recruitment process "on hold" this summer, by cancelling the vacation schemes and the direct training contract recruitment process.

They plan to pick this recruitment up at a later stage in the year when their office reopens and when "it is safe to have candidates come in for assessments and interviews".

I seriously must have done some pretty questionable stuff in my previous life because I don't know how else to explain the mess this application cycle is for me :confused:

For reference, I applied to only a few firms this year so far with 4 of them postponing their recruitment process (all after I have already submitted the apps + one of them after the first stage interview) and 1 cancelling their vacation scheme altogether (I was moved to the direct TC process, but still). Now Forsters joins the crowd, thankfully (?) I was only in the middle of the application, so no biggie.

Anyways, how's your Tuesday going, folks? :D

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I seriously must have done some pretty questionable stuff in my previous life because I don't know how else to explain the mess this application cycle is for me :confused:

For reference, I applied to only a few firms this year so far with 4 of them postponing their recruitment process (all after I have already submitted the apps + one of them after the first stage interview) and 1 cancelling their vacation scheme altogether (I was moved to the direct TC process, but still). Now Forsters joins the crowd, thankfully (?) I was only in the middle of the application, so no biggie.

Anyways, how's your Tuesday going, folks? :D

I know it is probably little comfort, but the majority of people will be in your shoes this year. It’s going to be a tough 12 months for everyone.

Reactions: gg999

man063

Aug 23, 2019
Does anyone know if Freshfields accept TC applications from people who have been rejected for the VS this cycle? There doesn't appear to be any info on their website and I'm not confident of getting a reply to an e-mail.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Does anyone know if Freshfields accept TC applications from people who have been rejected for the VS this cycle? There doesn't appear to be any info on their website and I'm not confident of getting a reply to an e-mail.

I emailed them, and they said they consider apps even if you were rejected for VS , as long as you are in your penultimate year. :) This was a few months ago, in March though!

NickMcK

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

Thanks for updating us on this - I'm glad I haven't invested a lot of time in an app yet!

Can I ask if you have submitted already? At the moment their application portal is still open and their website has not been updated. I have an in-progress app and haven't received an email.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi All, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know if there is really any preference of the cover letter format? I've seen a lot of different templates online but I don't want to get too fancy and end up looking unprofessional. Also are we always required to put the firm's full address on the CL as well as our own?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know if there is really any preference of the cover letter format? I've seen a lot of different templates online but I don't want to get too fancy and end up looking unprofessional. Also are we always required to put the firm's full address on the CL as well as our own?

Format wise (but not great content):

https://targetjobs.co.uk/sites/targ...ion-scheme-covering_letter-with-tips-2016.pdf

yes, I would normally put the full address in if they are asking for a cover letter

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey everyone,wasn't sure where to ask this - but did anyone take notes at the webinar today? I had to leave halfway due to a work meeting unfortunately.

@Jaysen was the session recorded for anyone who couldn’t make it or had to drop out? I’d be keen to watch it back if it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.