General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Re Dentons..I am reluctant to get in touch with them again. I, am very anxious to hear back but I also know that they are going through a lot (redundancies)
They will reject me at the right time lol

One of my friends just got offered a TC after the vac scheme, literally 2 days ago. They're probably dishing out those first, waiting on acceptances, and then will see how many spaces are left for direct TC apps.

Have faith!

• ℹ️
Reactions: anulciak7 and NadineBusty

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
One of my friends just got offered a TC after the vac scheme, literally 2 days ago. They're probably dishing out those first, waiting on acceptances, and then will see how many spaces are left for direct TC apps.

Have faith!
Oh thank you so much!

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
What is the best procedure if you’ve missed the deadline for a WG?
I think it depends why you missed it. If it's due to poor time management then it's likely to be viewed differently to being hospitalised and in a coma. Just email the firm, explain the situation and ask if you can take the test. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

madge

Standard Member
Aug 8, 2020
I think it depends why you missed it. If it's due to poor time management then it's likely to be viewed differently to being hospitalised and in a coma. Just email the firm, explain the situation and ask if you can take the test. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Honestly I just didn’t see it, which annoys me because I check both my Inbox and Junk several times a day everyday! I don’t think that’s a good enough justification so I’d say I’ve missed my chance. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    What is the best procedure if you’ve missed the deadline for a WG?
    I mean you could just say you've been having technical issues with your email provider and ask if it's possible to have an extension. Firms are normally very amenable when it comes to letting you redo/take a test again or for the first time if there's been some technical problem no matter how small it may be

TTD20

Jan 16, 2020
    Hi guys! I have an AC coming up and in preparation for the interview I am trying to think about situations I may find myself in in a law firm as a trainee. I am trying to prepare for situational questions. So far I have thought about receiving too much work than I have capacity for and how I would handle this, if other trainees aren't completing their work and it was making me look bad, and people being rude to me and how my response would differ based on their level of seniority. Can anyone think of other situations a trainee would find themselves in that I should prep for? Thank you so much! I really appreciate this forum!!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Honestly I just didn’t see it, which annoys me because I check both my Inbox and Junk several times a day everyday! I don’t think that’s a good enough justification so I’d say I’ve missed my chance. Thanks everyone for your responses.

I once missed a deadline because I didn’t see a Watson Glaser test sent to my Junk inbox. I know that’s not quite the same situation here - but the firm was happy to extend the deadline. You might just want to think about how you communicate what happened in your email to the firm.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
    Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys! I have an AC coming up and in preparation for the interview I am trying to think about situations I may find myself in in a law firm as a trainee. I am trying to prepare for situational questions. So far I have thought about receiving too much work than I have capacity for and how I would handle this, if other trainees aren't completing their work and it was making me look bad, and people being rude to me and how my response would differ based on their level of seniority. Can anyone think of other situations a trainee would find themselves in that I should prep for? Thank you so much! I really appreciate this forum!!

A classic one is what you would do if you were given two pieces of work by two partners with the same deadline.

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Hi everyone, I am applying for a paralegal role at a top city law firm in London and really unsure what to write for salary expectations. I don't want to sell myself short but also don't want to write something too high. Does anyone have any ideas?

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Definitely a good idea to prepare some of the most common questions like what you would do if you were overwhelmed with too much work etc. But I have found with these types of questions that they want to see your thinking and the way you present it more than anything else. So regardless of the question try to show that you are coming to your conclusion in a logical way that addresses the questions concerns, in a personable way. If its a particularly interesting situation I would sometimes ask the interviewer what they would do in that situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.