Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Just received a rejection from Freshfields post WG too. I don't know if it was the combination of my written app and the score or just the score itself that made the app unsuccessful.
Me neither- I've asked about my WG percentile as I think historically that is what has impacted my success. Who knows if they will tell me.

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
I have found that the more I practise speaking in front of others, the less nervous I get in interviews. Perhaps try joining things like debate clubs (if your uni has one - or start your own). You could try recording yourself answering random questions on Zoom and watching them back. I have found that the more I practise implementing structure and controlling speed when speaking, the easier it is to do during an interview - even if I am a bit nervous.

Thinking about your answer whilst you speak is also not a good idea as you will be less in control of your answers and where you end up. I have found speeding up is a natural reaction when I don't feel confident in what I am are saying - I just want to get to the end of the answer as soon as possible so the awkwardness is over. A barrister once told me that his trick is an acronym called TUPA - Think, Understand, Pause, Answer. It's quite catchy and easy to remember :D
Thank youuuuu!! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Camilla and saturn

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Sorry to everyone that didn’t get FF post WG! I just wanted to make you guys aware of Joe Mallett’s resources on the test just incase you didn’t know! I think he did a masterclass on the Watson Glaser the other day, which I believe you can now access on his LinkedIn group ‘Joe Mallet Resources for Aspiring Lawyers’!

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
To everyone getting a FF rejection post-WG. Honestly, I think they simply have fewer places this year. I know they are holding AC's this week for Direct TC applicants, however, they may simply only have a couple of spots to offer after they had given out TC's to their VS candidates. I'd urge everyone who was successful with their application pre-WG to re-apply this cycle for the VS. I think you'll have a better chance.

Keep on grinding guys.

D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.