General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

J123

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 12, 2019
Those applying to AO, how did you list all the university modules when the total number of them exceeds 25 (Gosh I hate AOs' application portal)

I didn't have this problem as I didn't exceed this number, but maybe send an email to HR? I share your hate for the portal haha...I ended up filling in the form 3 times because it didn't save any of my entries even though I had pressed save to return to the form later.

Reactions: Miki3999

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Out of curiosity, how can we find out which firms lawyers lateral hire in and out of? It would be interesting to know if there was any way of seeing trends/stats outside of the normal google search

not really any information like this available unfortunately

G1996

May 5, 2020
I am happy for you..did you find out on the portal?
Thanks! I received two emails - one from the Grad Rec team and then another with a link to the portal for the VI. I have accepted another TC offer though, so told them I was withdrawing from the process so they could offer it to someone else ! I hope you hear something soon :)

Reactions: Alla and S87

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I’m sure you’re all sick of me asking about Macfarlanes every other day on the forum but for once I bring some good news.

I just got offered a training contract!!

What a journey.

Just knew this was your time and there is no one more deserving! Absolutely thrilled for you - this has literally made my week!

• 🤝
Reactions: Samar

DMP

Sep 4, 2020
Hi

Has anyone on this forum had any experience applying to the Government Legal Department? I have an Assessment Day in a few weeks. Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I’m sure you’re all sick of me asking about Macfarlanes every other day on the forum but for once I bring some good news.

I just got offered a training contract!!

What a journey.

Absolutely delighted for you!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Samar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.