General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Hi,

I just spoke with A&O's graduate recruitment team since I was in the same position. They told me to put the first 25 in my application and e-mail them the rest. Hope this helps!

In RE this, AO told me to upload a transcript to the profile and to make a note at the end (in the mitigating circumstances space) that this has been done.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Just got an email from BM saying they will release results one week before the open day the applicant has applied for.
    I just got a rejection for their first open day, hope it’s because I’m a grade below their A-Level requirement and not from what I wrote :(

Last edited:

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    Hi does anyone know if NRF do an online test test as part of their vac scheme application process? My friend who did the vac scheme said there wasn’t one last year but it’s on chambers that there is

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
    Feb 16, 2019
    Hi does anyone know if NRF do an online test test as part of their vac scheme application process? My friend who did the vac scheme said there wasn’t one last year but it’s on chambers that there is

They do. I was sent a WG test when I applied, but the good thing is if you get the WGT, it means they liked your app(Source: Grad Rec)

• 🤝
    Reactions: T202 and man063

Law_Grad1

Star Member
    Oct 12, 2018
    No dice after my AC. I guess it's another round of applications for me.

Just turned 25, 2 years out of university - I really thought this round was my round. I finally had all my ducks in a row - I'd done a great vac scheme the year before, I'd got a great paralegal job at a great firm. Now I've lost my job due to Covid, had to move back home (EU) as a result and facing another round of applications.

I know I'm still young, but somehow today, after getting the news, I feel older than ever.

Really felt like I'd done a good job on the AC too. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

TTD20

Jan 16, 2020
    If a law firm asks you to discuss 'a legal case that recently caught your attention its implications' on the application form, should you talk about one they worked on or can it be any case (obviously one that relates to their expertise though)?

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
    Jan 27, 2020
    No dice after my AC. I guess it's another round of applications for me.

Just turned 25, 2 years out of university - I really thought this round was my round. I finally had all my ducks in a row - I'd done a great vac scheme the year before, I'd got a great paralegal job at a great firm. Now I've lost my job due to Covid, had to move back home (EU) as a result and facing another round of applications.

I know I'm still young, but somehow today, after getting the news, I feel older than ever.

Really felt like I'd done a good job on the AC too. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    you're not alone, i'm turning 25 end of november and still no TC yet, but gotta keep pushing. i totally get the feeling old bit, trust me i feel that too. just believe my journey is mine and it must all lead somewhere if i am putting in the work

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.