General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Last year I did two examples that linked to each other and I wrote about them in depth. It was an example of my work as the Finance Editor in the student newspaper which got me work experience at a top financial news outlet and the skills I learned, like commercial awareness and working in incredibly fast environments. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for this <3

Reactions: DrowninginSQE

Jason S

Distinguished Member
Apr 3, 2020
Has anyone completed the job simulation for Deloitte legal?

How long did it take you to hear back from the Immersive Online Assessment? Their website suggests it takes a few days to find out if you passed or not, then two weeks or so if they decide to progress your application, whereas I got an immediate rejection the moment I refreshed the page!

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any general advice. I’m applying to winter vacation schemes - rolling - and I have done my cover letters but I am waiting for them to be reviewed however I can’t get them reviewed until Thursday. I’m nervous that because they’re rolling, the places will be filled up if I waited another five more days to submit. Any advice would be appreciated :)

em311

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any general advice. I’m applying to winter vacation schemes - rolling - and I have done my cover letters but I am waiting for them to be reviewed however I can’t get them reviewed until Thursday. I’m nervous that because they’re rolling, the places will be filled up if I waited another five more days to submit. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Some firms say they review on a rolling basis to relieve the workload so they aren't faced with hundreds of applications to go through when deadlines close, but don't actually allocate AC positions until after the deadline:) I shouldn't think waiting five days will make a difference, as the firm will invite you to an AC if they like your application rather than when you submitted it!

Plus after having it reviewed on Thursday you may get some feedback on something you missed/could amend, so better to wait to submit it when you know it's been checked:)

Reactions: Nat000

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Some firms say they review on a rolling basis to relieve the workload so they aren't faced with hundreds of applications to go through when deadlines close, but don't actually allocate AC positions until after the deadline:) I shouldn't think waiting five days will make a difference, as the firm will invite you to an AC if they like your application rather than when you submitted it!

Plus after having it reviewed on Thursday you may get some feedback on something you missed/could amend, so better to wait to submit it when you know it's been checked:)
Thanks so Much!

billalchowdhury

Aug 12, 2020
How long did it take you to hear back from the Immersive Online Assessment? Their website suggests it takes a few days to find out if you passed or not, then two weeks or so if they decide to progress your application, whereas I got an immediate rejection the moment I refreshed the page!

I received the progression email roughly a week after completing the Immersive Online Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.