General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
So I got a telephone interview with Norton Rose(i am chuffed at passing that dreadful WG test for once!)

Only dates available were tomorrow, so quite pressurising.

If anyone has had any experience with NRF telephone interviews, and the type of questions they ask(is it competency/motivational/situational for e.g?) I'd really appreciate some insight :)

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
So I got a telephone interview with Norton Rose(i am chuffed at passing that dreadful WG test for once!)

If anyone has had any experience with NRF telephone interviews, and the type of questions they ask(is it competency/motivational/situational for e.g?) I'd really appreciate some insight :)

congrats! Do you mind saying when you did the test?

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019

Congrats!! Can I ask what you applied for and when? I applied for the Winter scheme about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet!

bel123456

Valued Member
Jan 24, 2020

hey, I did the telephone interview for the 2020 summer vac scheme earlier this year and the questions were entirely competency and motivational!

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
hey, I did the telephone interview for the 2020 summer vac scheme earlier this year and the questions were entirely competency and motivational!

Thank you! Will revise this!
congrats! Do you mind saying when you did the test?
Did the test like 12 days ago?

Congrats!! Can I ask what you applied for and when? I applied for the Winter scheme about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet!

I applied on 15th Sep. Got the WGT 2 weeks later. Also, I've been seeing people having lots of WG troubles with NRF, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back yet!

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Thank you! Will revise this!

Did the test like 12 days ago?

I applied on 15th Sep. Got the WGT 2 weeks later. Also, I've been seeing people having lots of WG troubles with NRF, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back yet!
Thanks for letting me know! Hope to hear back from them soon. Did you apply for the winter vac scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
‘Tell us about responsibilities outside of work and study’
Does anyone know if volunteering at the citizens advice counts as this & would it be a good idea to include?

Volunteering is a bit of a grey area - could be extra curricular, could be work experience. You can use your discretion to where you might list it.

Reactions: FM302989

nisadee

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2019
For competency questions either at application or interview, would it be wise to mention the skills you got from vac schemes at other firms over the summer (but didn't end up securing a TC at)? Particularly if you didn't apply to the current firm's vac scheme that cycle?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For competency questions either at application or interview, would it be wise to mention the skills you got from vac schemes at other firms over the summer (but didn't end up securing a TC at)? Particularly if you didn't apply to the current firm's vac scheme that cycle?

Yes - your vac schemes should be on your application somewhere and referenced where appropriate. Just expect to get an interview question that asks if you did/didn’t apply to the firm for their vac scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.