General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
NRF rejection pre-WG. Has anyone tried the TCLA Premium service? I'm thinking of getting it as there is clearly something wrong with my technique hahaha

I've had two applications reviewed by tcla - they were super helpful and VERY detailed!
In general the premium subscription gives you access to loads of resources; from understanding M&A course to application and interview prep courses.

Hope this is helpful :)

Edit: if you want a free app review then book an appointment with your uni's careers service!!

Last edited:

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
NRF rejection post wgt. I really don’t know how much more I can take of this :( just feel like I am never going to get anywhere.
Like @Ivox3 said you've done great getting through to the WG! ask for feedback on the WG so you can how you did relative to other applicants results.
Also, it's only October - this application cycle is still in full swing.

eveh1784

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
NRF rejection post wgt. I really don’t know how much more I can take of this :( just feel like I am never going to get anywhere.

Hey, I just got a post-WG rejection from NRF too. It is disappointing but you can't let it get you down - there's success coming up on the horizon so you just have to keep trying. Hold this as an opportunity to learn and be resilient, and definitely don't give up.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Like @Ivox3 said you've done great getting through to the WG! ask for feedback on the WG so you can how you did relative to other applicants results.
Also, it's only October - this application cycle is still in full swing.
Thank you. They said no feedback at this stage, do you think it’s worth asking for my WG results? I don’t really know what went wrong considering I was getting 80-90% in the practice tests :/

CallumJR

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Did anyone attend the DLA Piper Application Skills session at the AllAboutLaw fair?

Couldn't attend because of work and would appreciate if anyone could dm me with the information they gave about the application question (e.g. skills they are looking for in the application question or any other general advice for answering the application questions)

• ℹ️
Reactions: NadineBusty
D

Deleted member 2707

Seeing many enquiring about NRF Winter Vac Scheme. I received the telephone interview invite on 21 October and in the interview they said they will start sending AC invites out next week from 2 November.

Do you know when the last batch of AC offers will be sent out?

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
Just received an interview invite for Travers Smith's Winter Vacation Scheme (sent 12th October for reference) - I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any advice!

Not sure if you've already seen this page. it has some great insight into the interview from the last cycle
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/travers-smith-interview-2019-2020.2286/

Also, I was doing some research on their interviews a few weeks ago (even though I don't have an interview invite) and quite a few resources said that travers like to ask quite a few 'moral' questions in the VS interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.