Getting that TC!

TCchaser

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2025
148
184
Hi everyone!

After reading a lot of people's stories on TCLA, I've been inspired to document my own journey.

A little about me and my background:
I'm a finalist law student at an RG uni (think Manchester/Durham etc) going into my second cycle. Last cycle was my first, and while I got some interviews/ACs, I unfortunately couldn't convert them into a VS (and subsequent TC) offer.

I am determined to get my TC this year (the idea of graduating without any job offer terrifies me to my core!)
 
Update 1:

I've already applied to a few firms:

Simpson Thacher - PFO
Sidley Austin - PFO
DLA Piper - received and completed the Rare survey
Pinsent Masons - received online test, yet to complete
Fieldfisher - applied
Clyde & Co - received and completed the online test
Dentons - applied
Eversheds Sutherland - applied
Milbank - received and completed the Stage 1 assessment
Reed Smith - applied
Squire Patton Boggs - applied

TBH, the Simpson Thacher PFO stung a little as I spent a lot of time and thought my application was quite strong. Oh well, you win some, you lose some IG 🤷‍♀️

And Sidley Austin was a bit confusing - this year, they only had 1 question and that was about extracurriculars so I'm unsure what their criteria was to filter applicants

I do have 2 module grades that are a bit low - I do have MCs which I've only recently found qualify as MCs, so maybe I should have disclosed them in my applications earlier?
 
  • 🏆
Reactions: natz

Find member