Gowling WLG AC 2022 Feedback

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    So probs

omg that’s interesting - I got told something similar but assumed when they said we aren’t competing with each other they meant like all 5 of us could go through and like no one from another AC
    that's a bit unfair don't u think hahahah, I think there is a set number but they were just saying that so we don't feel like its a competition during the group exercise.

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    So probs

omg that’s interesting - I got told something similar but assumed when they said we aren’t competing with each other they meant like all 5 of us could go through and like no one from another AC
    So probs

Yes - that was the context for us also. We could make an educated guess taking the assumption that (from a London perspective):
    1. there were 3 ACs between 3rd Feb and 17th Feb.
    2. each AC had on AVG 6 persons.
    This would mean that there were 18 applicants that attended the London office AC. Assuming the Birmingham office was the same, that would mean 36 applicants overall. Where WLG offers 25 TCs per year and recruits solely through VCs - it is likely they might offer c.30 VCs.

N.B. This is literally a complete guess based on the most bizarre (and perhaps incorrect) assumptions btw haha.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.