General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5185

Hi there, do you have any problems starting the VRT? They have sent about 5 links in 2 days and all the links didn't work apart from one. And when I signed up using that link, the VRT couldn't start for some reason. The error says the site is unavailable. Do you have the same experience? I have emailed GLP as well...

Found the link eventually, I found the test very rushed (as they only give you 19 minutes for 30 questions). I would recommend trying the practice questions first, good luck!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone have any tips for a markup exercise at an AC? Never ever done one before. Are there any resources for this(tried finding it online but couldn't!)

Scrutinise everything....

misspellings of names
Transposed numbers
Incorrect dates (eg says three months but content says April-August which is five months)
Check of ambiguity
Are there unnecessary phrases/words that don’t add anything
Are there any double negatives
Is it address to the right people
Is the document appropriately titled
Is the welcome/sign off appropriate to the audience
Grammar
Typos
Spelling mistakes

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi what law firm is this for if I may ask?

Hi, its for BCLP. In the e-mail they mentioned that we will have a case study/presentation, group negotiation and interview with HR/Associates. They also said they will provide further info about the AC once I confirmed my slot; they have not done so yet but having spoken to others I know its the same for them too.

I saw a user on this forum, who after attending an open day, they mentioned how BCLP will have a markup exercise(previously they had a drafting exercise). Whilst the e-mail doesn't indicate that so far, it may be the case(especially if its under the further info not released yet), so I am just trying to be prepped for everything.

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hey does anyone have advice on best way to approach a written exercise that involves drafting an email to a client? There’s no much known about the exercise except this little piece of info and that the email will be In response to a particular situation

XARA

Esteemed Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hi, its for BCLP. In the e-mail they mentioned that we will have a case study/presentation, group negotiation and interview with HR/Associates. They also said they will provide further info about the AC once I confirmed my slot; they have not done so yet but having spoken to others I know its the same for them too.

I saw a user on this forum, who after attending an open day, they mentioned how BCLP will have a markup exercise(previously they had a drafting exercise). Whilst the e-mail doesn't indicate that so far, it may be the case(especially if its under the further info not released yet), so I am just trying to be prepped for everything.

Ahhh okay! Best of luck with it!!

• 🤝
Reactions: dosblancos7

smith363

Apr 1, 2020
Rejection from DWF for direct TC
They stated they have filled all their places from the vacation scheme and internal recruitment. They have advised that they do recruit predominately from their vacation scheme and I should apply to the next one.

For the last 3 years I have not been able to undertake vacation schemes due to full time employment, the LPC and I have recently just obtained a paralegal role in London so is very unlikely I will be able to undertake one this year again as It leaves such little holiday, So frustrating! Still waiting to hear back from Hill Dickinson, but not feeling hopeful!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Rejection from DWF for direct TC
    They stated they have filled all their places from the vacation scheme and internal recruitment. They have advised that they do recruit predominately from their vacation scheme and I should apply to the next one.

For the last 3 years I have not been able to undertake vacation schemes due to full time employment, the LPC and I have recently just obtained a paralegal role in London so is very unlikely I will be able to undertake one this year again as It leaves such little holiday, So frustrating! Still waiting to hear back from Hill Dickinson, but not feeling hopeful!

I received this email too. I spent weeks on that application its frustrating that it hasn't even been read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.