Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
Thanks Alice for the motivational perspective! I guess, speaking from experience, even if there is extreme competition for places it is hard to understand where we as applicants went wrong sometimes and adjust our applications accordingly. As someone who hasn't even made it to an AC yet this cycle, I am finding it hard to have any sort of faith in my other pending applications.
Completely understand how you feel, this is only my first cycle but I'm a finalist and I still haven't gotten to an AC yet. I've had good feedback on my application from peers and successful applicants but I think we just gotta tough it out, so hang in there and keep holding out.

• 🤝
Reactions: Aurochschiette and iamJW

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
The worst rejections are when you have done something for a firm. Like for example with me, I got rejected from Latham & Watkins and I was their Brand Ambassador. I was so shattered when I found out that I got rejected, It honestly hurts more, knowing that you would at least do an interview for vac scheme, would compensate the work that you have done for them.

champ591

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
For anyone that has been offered a direct TC with Links, how long after the AC did you hear back?

I'm new to TCLA and I must say that all of the posts have been every insightful, feels very reassuring to know that I'm part of such a lovely, helpful group of lawyers-to-be. Best of luck to everyone waiting :)

Reactions: Zoo

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
you are still being considered and they haven’t made a decision yet.
If someone’s portal has changed couple days ago, and they haven’t received an WG invite from FF - does this mean a rejection? Can someone clarify? :)
Wondering if we are in a hold pile since the portal was updated but no correspondence followed. Because I saw that some received a rejection for direct TC.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Miki3999

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
The worst rejections are when you have done something for a firm. Like for example with me, I got rejected from Latham & Watkins and I was their Brand Ambassador. I was so shattered when I found out that I got rejected, It honestly hurts more, knowing that you would at least do an interview for vac scheme, would compensate the work that you have done for them.
I agree with you there, I was a brand ambassador for A&O wasn’t even considered at all! Shame really? and I worked hard to promote them around campus..

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks Alice for the motivational perspective! I guess, speaking from experience, even if there is extreme competition for places it is hard to understand where we as applicants went wrong sometimes and adjust our applications accordingly. As someone who hasn't even made it to an AC yet this cycle, I am finding it hard to have any sort of faith in my other pending applications.
Honestly, I totally understand that. I really wish I had the answers because I too feel the same as you. It is just sometimes good to remember not to value your self worth based on app success and just try to keep perspective. All good things do come to those who persevere :)

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
can someone please help me in listing a couple of agencies that help find paralegal roles? I’ve heard there are a few out there and I was advised to be a member of a few to increase my chances of getting one. So far I’m just part of F-lex and it’s been some months but haven’t had an opportunity from them yet. Any recommendation is welcome :)

I have just PMed you on this :)

Reactions: mserwaah1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.