Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just gonna say this quick- I got my A&O rejection today and feeling honestly gutted. Only FF left this cycle and I did the WG on a very ‘low’ day and so worried I probably haven’t met the benchmark. Not too sure what went wrong with A&O and feedback could take time so closure isn’t an imminent possibility. I will be ok but just feeling really sad that I come so close to then fall at the final hurdle every time. Genuinely don’t feel like I can take many more of these setbacks so gonna really assess my situation these next few days. That wasn’t actually as quick as I expected but thanks for your continued support everyone. I just hope one day I might have good news for you guys too :) I don’t mean this to sound hypocritical as I always tell you guys it’s when not if, and I wholeheartedly believe that. But it’s important to weigh up the damage being caused in the process of all this and I’m just needing to take time to reflect. I really do believe good things come to those who wait and deserve it so I hope my headspace will be better as this week goes on.

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Just gonna say this quick- I got my A&O rejection today and feeling honestly gutted. Only FF left this cycle and I did the WG on a very ‘low’ day and so worried I probably haven’t met the benchmark. Not too sure what went wrong with A&O and feedback could take time so closure isn’t an imminent possibility. I will be ok but just feeling really sad that I come so close to then fall at the final hurdle every time. Genuinely don’t feel like I can take many more of these setbacks so gonna really assess my situation these next few days. That wasn’t actually as quick as I expected but thanks for your continued support everyone. I just hope one day I might have good news for you guys too :)

Hi Alice, I am really sorry to hear that. While the feedback may take time, I hope that it offers some insight into why they decided not to accept you. You have been an incredible help to me (and I am sure that many others) and your positive and reflective thoughts have helped me loads of times, so I am very sorry to hear this. Hopefully, better times are yet to come, I'll have my fingers crossed for you as you deserve it!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi Alice, I am really sorry to hear that. While the feedback may take time, I hope that it offers some insight into why they decided not to accept you. You have been an incredible help to me (and I am sure that many others) and your positive and reflective thoughts have helped me loads of times, so I am very sorry to hear this. Hopefully, better times are yet to come, I'll have my fingers crossed for you as you deserve it!
    Thank you @Karin delighted to see you have another AC as well, congratulations! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Just gonna say this quick- I got my A&O rejection today and feeling honestly gutted. Only FF left this cycle and I did the WG on a very ‘low’ day and so worried I probably haven’t met the benchmark. Not too sure what went wrong with A&O and feedback could take time so closure isn’t an imminent possibility. I will be ok but just feeling really sad that I come so close to then fall at the final hurdle every time. Genuinely don’t feel like I can take many more of these setbacks so gonna really assess my situation these next few days. That wasn’t actually as quick as I expected but thanks for your continued support everyone. I just hope one day I might have good news for you guys too :) I don’t mean this to sound hypocritical as I always tell you guys it’s when not if, and I wholeheartedly believe that. But it’s important to weigh up the damage being caused in the process of all this and I’m just needing to take time to reflect. I really do believe good things come to those who wait and deserve it so I hope my headspace will be better as this week goes on.
    Sorry to hear that Alice! You are an amazing asset to this forum - and I’m sure you will hear great news soon from Freshfields. THEY WILL BE YOUR “ONE”.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Alice I truly understand your pain and sadness. And the falling at the final hurdle is something that resonates. I know full well it doesn’t help to hear that others have suffered the same fate because this is your journey. I simply want you to know that you are not alone.
    Take time to be sad about it. You owe it to yourself. Try not to make any decisions yet about the future. Today is not the day.
    We the TCLA community are here for you.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Sorry to hear that Alice! You are an amazing asset to this forum - and I’m sure you will hear great news soon from Freshfields. THEY WILL BE YOUR “ONE”.
    They are my first choice because of their disputes, M&A and Tax strengths so I am really trying to keep the faith. Thank you @Zhang ☺️

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Alice I truly understand your pain and sadness. And the falling at the final hurdle is something that resonates. I know full well it doesn’t help to hear that others have suffered the same fate because this is your journey. I simply want you to know that you are not alone.
    Take time to be sad about it. You owe it to yourself. Try not to make any decisions yet about the future. Today is not the day.
    We the TCLA community are here for you.
    I appreciate it Helena and I have every faith you too will triumph soon, have to keep believing it ourselves first :)

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    Hey Alice,

I am so sorry :( these things can really be brutal. I know exactly how you feel. But we haven’t got the choice but to keep putting one foot in front of the other. We just have to keep going. It’s going to get brutal it’s going to get tougher. But sometimes all we can do is to keep trying. I believe in you. You are a core part of this community. Your success is coming. You just have to keep going. We are honestly all on this journey together and I am positive it will come through.

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019

You have so much to offer, Alice! Good news will come your way I’m sure of it.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hey Alice,

I am so sorry :( these things can really be brutal. I know exactly how you feel. But we haven’t got the choice but to keep putting one foot in front of the other. We just have to keep going. It’s going to get brutal it’s going to get tougher. But sometimes all we can do is to keep trying. I believe in you. You are a core part of this community. Your success is coming. You just have to keep going. We are honestly all on this journey together and I am positive it will come through.
    You have so much to offer, Alice! Good news will come your way I’m sure of it.
    Thank you both for such kind and supportive messages! It’s true that we just have to keep looking forward and developing. Where my feedback from tommy two previous ACs have been quite unhelpful and entirely conflicting with each other, I hope this one gives me clarity and genuine help to progress

• 🤝
    Reactions: Eva and Daniel Boden

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019

It is so brave of you to share your thoughts and be so candid about how you're feeling instead of just shying from it, which is something a lot of us are massively guilty of. Just remember your mental health and your wellbeing comes before any TC offer or a job so make sure you look after yourself x

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019

You're such an amazing candidate Alice; it's their loss. Rooting for you to get FF and I know your time IS coming (WHEN, not if :) ). You're such an asset to this forum, please don't beat yourself up about this too much!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    It is so brave of you to share your thoughts and be so candid about how you're feeling instead of just shying from it, which is something a lot of us are massively guilty of. Just remember your mental health and your wellbeing comes before any TC offer or a job so make sure you look after yourself x
    I really appreciate you saying that and I couldn’t agree with you more. I will probably see what their feedback is and hope that brings me some peace of mind with the whole thing. I struggle without having closure and knowing precisely the rationale behind stuff so I imagine I shall feel better when I do :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden and Karin
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.