Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre

Valued Member
Jan 30, 2020
I had a telephone interview for Mayer Brown on Monday and was told at the end of the call I'd likely hear back on Wednesday. I haven't had any further news so I'm wondering if I should give them a call or if I should just wait?
What was this for (TC or VS)? How long after you received your report did you hear about the telephone interview?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I had a telephone interview for Mayer Brown on Monday and was told at the end of the call I'd likely hear back on Wednesday. I haven't had any further news so I'm wondering if I should give them a call or if I should just wait?

I'd just wait for now as it hasn't been too long.

AAA_a

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 14, 2019
    Has anyone ever done the AC at King & Spalding and could possibly offer some insight?

(Yeah, I got the invite. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity. In the words of the genius of our times, Ms Taylor Swift: "The drought was the very worst".)
    Hi is this for their 2022 TC? Seems like they don't do vac schemes.. So apparently they are reviewing on a rolling basis (given their application window opened only on Feb 1?)

Reactions: csyn

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    Hi is this for their 2022 TC? Seems like they don't do vac schemes.. So apparently they are reviewing on a rolling basis (given their application window opened only on Feb 1?)

No, it is for TC 2021 :) They had a window opened for this between October to December.

Also, they definitely do not recruit on a rolling basis but only once all applications are submitted. For reference, I applied on 27 December (so a few days before the deadline) and heard back yesterday with the AC invite.

Reactions: csyn

Karin

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Last night I got a call that I was accepted for the HSF Spring Vac Scheme!

I wanted to thank you all for your support and incredibly useful posts and as if it weren't for this forum, I would not probably believe in myself enough, write a good application and know how to prepare for the AC (as I really had no idea, big shout out to Jaysen's courses!). Thank you thank you thank you <3

Last edited:

Karin

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    From my personal experience, I applied to Hogan Lovells last cycle for direct TC and didn't even get the WG test invite and got rejected. This cycle, I've improved my answers and luckily I received the WG test invite! So I do think they will look at your application before sending the test invite and then judge your application with the WG score as a whole to make a decision.
    From my experience, when I did not get the test invite it was usually when I applied too late. I got rejection from Ashurst for winter scheme, without even doing the tests, but then found out I can reapply so tried my luck, send the same application for spring and received tests immediately!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Last night I got a call that I was accepted for the HSF Spring Vac Scheme!

I wanted to thank you all for your support and incredibly useful posts and as if it weren't for this forum, I would not probably believe in myself enough, write a good application and know how to prepare for the AC (as I really had no idea, big shout out to Jaysen's courses!). Thank you thank you thank you <3
    Just knew you'd smash it! This makes me so happy! What a brilliant Friday - well done!!!

Dos

Star Member
    Aug 2, 2019
    For all of you who got Slaughter's holding email, about informing them of any other offers, or other reasons to find out earlier.

I responded but did not get any response- anyone else in the same boat?

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    From my experience, when I did not get the test invite it was usually when I applied too late. I got rejection from Ashurst for winter scheme, without even doing the tests, but then found out I can reapply so tried my luck, send the same application for spring and received tests immediately!
    Have you received an AC invite from Ashurst?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.