Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
Emailed White & Case regarding an update:

"Your application is under review, and we will inform you of an outcome either way very shortly."

Sounds ominous.

(Applied on 15th Jan)

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Has anyone read any good books recently or listened to any podcasts that are especially good for debates surrounding current affairs or sort of big overarching ideas that are current? Just been thinking how I can best prepare for an article discussion and figured this might be a decent approach alongside my general news reading etc :)

I really like the Wall Street's "The Journal" podcast on Spotify. They discuss some really good overarching topics in the news

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Looking at past interview questions people have been asked and there's one I don't know how would be best to answer it. Does anyone have any ideas please?

'What would you do if you knew a client had lied in order to secure a contract?'

Hey I got asked this once and I said

1. Tell a supervisor (if they say what if you're the person in charge and there is no one senior to ask - which they did for me lol then...)
    2. Advise my client that there will probably be consequences from having lied to secure the contract i.e. the contract being void for misrepresentation or something like that and that I really would not recommend proceeding with the deal/contract on that basis

They seemed happy with the answer and didn't push me on it after that.

Reactions: 003 and Dipen

Mina J

Standard Member
    Dec 12, 2019
    Hi guys first time posting on here - I've just received an invitation to complete the video interview for Dechert and I'm so happy!
    I've had all rejections so far and haven't got past the application stage on any except this one. I'm super nervous as I've only had one video interview before (a year ago for Simmons & Simmons and it was a complete disaster).
    I was wondering if anyone has completed the interview or has any general advice for it? Any advice would be amazing!

Ewan

Feb 16, 2020
    Hi guys first time posting on here - I've just received an invitation to complete the video interview for Dechert and I'm so happy!
    I've had all rejections so far and haven't got past the application stage on any except this one. I'm super nervous as I've only had one video interview before (a year ago for Simmons & Simmons and it was a complete disaster).
    I was wondering if anyone has completed the interview or has any general advice for it? Any advice would be amazing!

I’ve also just received the video interview and am in a very similar situation haha any advice really would be appreciated, especially as I’ve heard it’s quite hard???

• 🏆
    Reactions: Zoo and Mina J
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.