Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
I actually don’t understand how CC could have read and gone through each application in that short of time. Only bitter because I’ve always been rejected and I spent months on that application ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

Exactly, I spent so long on that application too - shouldn’t have bothered. Made sure it was all proof read NO EXAGGERATION LIKE 100 TIMES!

So gutted, and I don’t believe they can have read all those applications so quickly. Very odd...

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
I've just received an invite to an AC with Herbert Smith Freehills as well. I am keen to hear more about anyone else's experiences with HSF as I know they have one of the hardest assessment centres : )
Hey Lauren- congratulations on the HSF AC! May I ask when you applied and for what scheme? How soon after the test did you get a response. Congratulations once again!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    CC rejection as well. Feeling a bit low as this means half of my applications this year have been rejected. And this time last year I had two AC invites for the following year.

Not sure if I should start submitting more applications for firms that haven't closed yet or just hold out and hope for the best

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hey Lauren- congratulations on the HSF AC! May I ask when you applied and for what scheme? How soon after the test did you get a response. Congratulations once again!

I have just submitted my HSF application. Is it correct that they do not ask for any work experience details?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.