Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,

New to TCLA !

I just got an AC invite for the Linklaters Direct TC. This is my first AC this cycle but i had 2 last year and did a vac scheme at NRF(didn't convert this to a TC unfortunately). Does anyone have any tips for the Linklaters AC?? Thank you !

Congrats on the AC invite. When did you apply for the direct TC? I applied at the beginning of November and I haven’t heard back.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Has anyone ever completed a video interview, literally choked and still got through to AC?

I have done a couple video interviews and passed them. But This was the first one I felt super nervous for and completely choked. I think they probably aren’t the right firm for me.

Not too disappointed if I don’t get through to AC because I’m not expecting much positive results but slightly disappointed in myself for not remaining composed! I guess I just have to learn for the next one :)

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Has anyone ever completed a video interview, literally choked and still got through to AC?

I have done a couple video interviews and passed them. But This was the first one I felt super nervous for and completely choked. I think they probably aren’t the right firm for me.

Not too disappointed if I don’t get through to AC because I’m not expecting much positive results but slightly disappointed in myself for not remaining composed! I guess I just have to learn for the next one :)

Sorry to hear that! I think the stress of trying to do well in a VI when you are being filmed in such an unnatural way makes VI's so difficult. I did one this cycle and I literally ran out of air because I forgot to breathe when talking. I had to stop and gasp for air :oops: (completely out of character) - so don't feel bad, I think a lot of people struggle with them. You might have done better than you think. :D

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and Holly

bethbristol

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 30, 2019
    I just did Hogan Lovells' Watson Glaser test....I found it quite a bit harder than other firms WG's - did anyone else feel like that?

Do they provide WG scores on request?

That’s interesting I found I actually had mostly very similar statements and questions to my DLA Piper one I did the day before. I assumed they used the same package or something

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    That’s interesting I found I actually had mostly very similar statements and questions to my DLA Piper one I did the day before. I assumed they used the same package or something

Yes, you are right! I noticed a few of the same questions around the middle of the test! I just thought a couple of the questions were particularly tricky.

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Sorry to hear that! I think the stress of trying to do well in a VI when you are being filmed in such an unnatural way makes VI's so difficult. I did one this cycle and I literally ran out of air because I forgot to breathe when talking. I had to stop and gasp for air :oops: (completely out of character) - so don't feel bad, I think a lot of people struggle with them. You might have done better than you think. :D

Thank you for this! Gosh I agree video interviews are very unnatural!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Camilla

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    I just did Hogan Lovells' Watson Glaser test....I found it quite a bit harder than other firms WG's - did anyone else feel like that?

Do they provide WG scores on request?

I agree, much harder! I usually pass WG but theirs was the only one I failed. I hope you passed though, and I’m unsure if they provide scores!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Camilla

EJ

Star Member
    Dec 27, 2019
    Is anyone still waiting to hear back from HSF that applied for their Summer Scheme? My application is still sitting at Under Review and hasn't changed even since I submitted the WG :confused:

ithw3064

Jan 6, 2020

I did a VI for W&C and thought I really messed up one question so I panicked and turned off my WiFi connection - of course when I reconnected it it just sent the half-finished answer and I felt so stupid - still somehow managed to get through though!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.