Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    no it hasn’t, has yours? Is that a bad thing it’s been changed or not? I don’t want to speculate anything though. I think they are concentrating on vacation schemes first and then TCs

yes, mine has changed but I've got no reply. No idea whether this is bad news or not haha. You're right in regard to the latter.

Aurochschiette

Star Member
    Feb 2, 2020
    Hey all, new here. Better late than never eh?

Update on apps in case anyone is looking for information/waiting to hear back:

- A&O Summer VS: Submitted at deadline, passed the SJT, and got declined
    - Eversheds Summer VS: Submitted at deadline and no word yet.
    - Gowling Spring VS: Submitted at deadline, took the game-based assessment, and nothing back yet.
    - Links Summer 3 VS: Submitted at deadline, WG at deadline (score unknown), and still "On hold."
    - NRF Summer 2 VS: Submitted at deadline and no WG invite yet.
    - Deloitte Legal Summer Scheme: Completed app sometime in October, finished other assessment stages in the following months, and have a final stage assessment (live video interview) next week.
    - HSF Spring VS: Submitted at deadline, exempted from testing because of previous pass score, and got an invite to an AC on 31/1.
    - DLA Summer internship: Submitted at deadline, passed WG (score unknown), and offered place after AC last week.

If anyone has tips for Deloitte final interview, or especially the HSF AC, I would really appreciate any and all help. Quite concerned that HSF will be very technical and requires some in-depth legal preparation. Also have not done a scenario based interview before (even as a mock). Again, any help appreciated.

If anyone needs help with any of the others, happy to share what little I know. Good luck to everyone, whether or not you have secured ACs yet. It's a gruelling time for all of us, hopefully we can help each other out.

Ktan26

Junior Lawyer
    Sep 30, 2018
    Anyone waiting to hear back from CMS? Applied for their summer VS (CMS Academy) and I think their next stage is the WGT? But I haven't got the invitation yet (and it was an automatic link last cycle)

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Anyone waiting to hear back from CMS? Applied for their summer VS (CMS Academy) and I think their next stage is the WGT? But I haven't got the invitation yet (and it was an automatic link last cycle)

Hi, WGT is the second stage of the process. If you pass the application, they will send you WGT. I received my WGT about a couple weeks after I submitted the app. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ktan26

James Kitching

Distinguished Member
    Oct 26, 2019
    Hey all, new here. Better late than never eh?

Update on apps in case anyone is looking for information/waiting to hear back:

- A&O Summer VS: Submitted at deadline, passed the SJT, and got declined
    - Eversheds Summer VS: Submitted at deadline and no word yet.
    - Gowling Spring VS: Submitted at deadline, took the game-based assessment, and nothing back yet.
    - Links Summer 3 VS: Submitted at deadline, WG at deadline (score unknown), and still "On hold."
    - NRF Summer 2 VS: Submitted at deadline and no WG invite yet.
    - Deloitte Legal Summer Scheme: Completed app sometime in October, finished other assessment stages in the following months, and have a final stage assessment (live video interview) next week.
    - HSF Spring VS: Submitted at deadline, exempted from testing because of previous pass score, and got an invite to an AC on 31/1.
    - DLA Summer internship: Submitted at deadline, passed WG (score unknown), and offered place after AC last week.

If anyone has tips for Deloitte final interview, or especially the HSF AC, I would really appreciate any and all help. Quite concerned that HSF will be very technical and requires some in-depth legal preparation. Also have not done a scenario based interview before (even as a mock). Again, any help appreciated.

If anyone needs help with any of the others, happy to share what little I know. Good luck to everyone, whether or not you have secured ACs yet. It's a gruelling time for all of us, hopefully we can help each other out.

I’ve read so many posts about HSF AC help, so I’ll do this and hopefully others who still need help will see it.

I am a science student, and got quite buggered by HSF at the start of Jan, felt really let down as I was very passionate yet got rejected because of my lack of knowledge on financial deals/business structure.

3 stages, as we all know: competency, case study, scenario, we need not discuss competency as that’s straight forward, right?

Case Study:
    Read some documents, deduce potential economical/legal pitfalls within the documentation (terms, exclusivity contract etc) discuss them with the partner, you are advising him as if he is your client.
    Recommendation is to structure your answer clearly, baring in mind short/medium/long term consequences and as always, try and build rapport.

Scenario:
    Changes for everyone, but you are told that the client is in position X (they are in a bad situation) and need our advice, what must we consider, who is going to be affected, what is our goal (basically focus on preserving stock value, that is what the client and shareholders really care about) - I recommend researching how a business is structured, in terms of executive/non-executive directors, share-holders etc.

I hope this is clear, it may not be, but I tried.

If you are non-law, you are NOT meant to know any legal implications in any great detail, however, you are not safe from the economics/business, that was my downfall - and I think that’s unfair to be honest, but whatever, best of luck!

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: CR, Helena, Zoo and 3 others

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Hey all,

Does anyone know what the Debevoise deadline is? The appl4law portal is showing the deadline is different but the website says 05/01 is the deadline.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.