Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dos

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone know whether HSF ACs are rolling in that I should book the earliest AC date available to have better chance? I booked the latest date and now wondering whether I should maybe change it to earlier one? Thanks x

It's fine dw I had a AC at A&O, and I booked the last date(for my week I think). I didn't get it, but most of the other candidates did! So, it doesn't really matter, if you perform well, you will get it. All the best!

Last edited:

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Does anyone know whether HSF ACs are rolling in that I should book the earliest AC date available to have better chance? I booked the latest date and now wondering whether I should maybe change it to earlier one? Thanks x

I might be wrong but I don’t think it matters. If you meet the criteria they are looking for, they will make sure they recruit you! :)

Reactions: Alice G and Camilla

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    I might be wrong but I don’t think it matters. If you meet the criteria they are looking for, they will make sure they recruit you! :)
    thank you! I was worried as sb told me they were giving places out on rolling basis but I also think it shouldnt matter - thank you! I ll leave more time for prep x

• 🤝
    Reactions: Holly

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I could've sworn I read somewhere that they could be used to redeem application reviews and other rewards somewhere then as soon as I started collecting them I couldn't find that post anymore and I wonder if I was just hallucinating

Haha you weren’t hallucinating - we’ll have a credits system up and running very soon!

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    Hi, has anyone heard back from Morrison and Foerster after their first stage interview? Was told that they would get back to me this week but they haven't done so and I was wondering whether I should give them a call....

James Kitching

Distinguished Member
    Oct 26, 2019
    Does anyone have any tips on how to learn a firm's industry/sector strengths? E.g. how do I know a firm is leading in oil and gas? Thanks in advance :)
    Personally, I use Legal500 and Chambers Rankings, google (for example) “IP UK Firm Rankings”, and click on both those sites, and you will see a tier list for virtually every firm.
    You can click on a specific firm and read about there sector strengths in a bit more detail on Legal500/Chambers if you wish, although I personally find that of limited use.

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Personally, I use Legal500 and Chambers Rankings, google (for example) “IP UK Firm Rankings”, and click on both those sites, and you will see a tier list for virtually every firm.
    You can click on a specific firm and read about there sector strengths in a bit more detail on Legal500/Chambers if you wish, although I personally find that of limited use.

This is perfect, thanks so much! :)

Reactions: James Kitching
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.