Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieCCM

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi, to anyone who got to the next stage of hogan Lovells - how did you go about answering the question about an enjoyable experience where you worked with people from different backgrounds/cultures/personalities? Mine was using an example during a “high stress” time where we all worked together as a team towards a collective goal etc and leveraged/utilised our different experiences to reach our goal etc. I was just wondering if this was an appropriate response / similar to anyone else’s successful application??

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi, to anyone who got to the next stage of hogan Lovells - how did you go about answering the question about an enjoyable experience where you worked with people from different backgrounds/cultures/personalities? Mine was using an example during a “high stress” time where we all worked together as a team towards a collective goal etc and leveraged/utilised our different experiences to reach our goal etc. I was just wondering if this was an appropriate response / similar to anyone else’s successful application??
that sounds perfectly good to me. So long as you have the different experiences part and try to explain it in a STAR way then it sounds like a very well chosen example :) Did you say why it was enjoyable or try to explain that?

KatieCCM

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
that sounds perfectly good to me. So long as you have the different experiences part and try to explain it in a STAR way then it sounds like a very well chosen example :) Did you say why it was enjoyable or try to explain that?

still in the process of writing it actually! This is something I’m struggling with - I’m writing that it was enjoyable because we all learnt something new in terms of processes/different jurisdictions etc as well as getting to know each other as a team etc. It still does feel a bit waffly on my part as I’m not sure that I’ve ever had to reflect on a situation being enjoyable because specifically because myself and the people were all different...if that makes sense!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
still in the process of writing it actually! This is something I’m struggling with - I’m writing that it was enjoyable because we all learnt something new in terms of processes/different jurisdictions etc as well as getting to know each other as a team etc. It still does feel a bit waffly on my part as I’m not sure that I’ve ever had to reflect on a situation being enjoyable because specifically because myself and the people were all different...if that makes sense!
send it over and will take a look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.