Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

Jan 31, 2020
I’ve just been rejected from Taylor Vinters (after the Arctic test), but they didn’t state that they were ‘unable to provide feedback due to the number of applicants’ like every other law firm I’ve been rejected from....am I justified in emailing for feedback?

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Aww I am so sorry :( - but don't worry! Something good will happen without the need for blowing up balloons!

I hope so! I am getting quite anxious now though, because I am still waiting from 5 different firms for the outcome of my applications... I did not apply to any Big Names because I figured out recently that actually this might not be something I want to do (strange realization to have, I think this is my mid-20s crisis talking!) but the waiting is killing me.

• 🤝
Reactions: Aurochschiette

SaulGoodman

Jul 12, 2019
Rejection from Taylor Vinters post balloons blowing... I mean, post game-based assessment :D

Disappointing, but not surprising.

I just received that rejection as well.

I will remember in the future to inflate the balloons more and to attempt the locked door combination 1000 more times to better show my 'drive' ;)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’ve just been rejected from Taylor Vinters (after the Arctic test), but they didn’t state that they were ‘unable to provide feedback due to the number of applicants’ like every other law firm I’ve been rejected from....am I justified in emailing for feedback?

you can email but if they are saying they can’t give you feedback, all you are going to get is another email saying they can’t give you feedback

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
I hope so! I am getting quite anxious now though, because I am still waiting from 5 different firms for the outcome of my applications... I did not apply to any Big Names because I figured out recently that actually this might not be something I want to do (strange realization to have, I think this is my mid-20s crisis talking!) but the waiting is killing me.
I have PM'd you.

SaulGoodman

Jul 12, 2019

I am waiting to hear back from 6 also and I am in a similar position.

Fingers crossed for you and remember to keep the chin up!

• 🤝
Reactions: D95

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Has anyone here ever gotten average scores for all but one with the Mayer Brown VRT & progressed ? I feel as though, those scores are perhaps what they look out for more than the situational judgement. So if you score a over average in all, plus have a good app..the you get through. Cause the situational judgement doesn’t really matter as you’re gonna score high in 3 things which they don’t mind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.