Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Distinguished Member
Jul 22, 2018
Has anyone gotten a VS offer and could not attend due to a time conflict and got the timings for the vacation scheme shifted? Or, better yet, got a TC offer?
I was made choose between or the other and I was only given a couple of days to make the decision. I got the impression that the firm really wanted me to commit to them in those circumstances.

Alaw96

Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Has anybody else been totally ghosted by Addleshaw Goddard post-application? I was having trouble receiving any emails from the portal so tried emailing them about that and still received nothing.

I have been ghosted post-video interview, submitted about four weeks ago (London). I emailed them about when I would hear, and if I could be solely considered for Spring as I have a Summer vac scheme that clashes with AG's summer date. They just said that VI's are still under review...

Jean

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 15, 2018
The recent news from FF London-Asia TC

I asked the process of my application and it was quite surprising that the response was coming from Hong Kong. They told me that
We are currently reviewing your application and shall reach out to you once we have an update on your application.

My current status is : pre-WG

May I ask when did you apply and got the WG invite?

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
Jan 27, 2020
Has anybody else been totally ghosted by Addleshaw Goddard post-application? I was having trouble receiving any emails from the portal so tried emailing them about that and still received nothing.

yes i have been totally ghosted by them since my video interview. i heard they still have a few ACs to go but idk havent heard anything back (for london office)

Reactions: HD

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Stephenson Harwood were a nightmare when I applied to their Open Day. They literally never replied to my application so I emailed them the day before the Open Day just to confirm I was unsuccessful - they didn't reply. I then got an email months later saying that I was unsuccessful for their training contract (that I never applied for).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.