Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Won’t they give me a very small time frame to accept their TC? The reality is I would choose this firm over the other one, it’s just that I have already signed for the SVS.

you are assuming they will offer you a TC!

there is nothing stopping you reneging your current offer and accepting the latest offer if that’s something you wanted to do.

TC offers should be either extended to the 15th September as you go into your final year of uni, or 4 weeks if you are past that stage.

But the above is a voluntary code, there’s nothing stopping a firm asking you to accept the offer within a few days. But there’s little stopping you reneging on a firm neither (well until you have had any form of financial compensation from the firm at least).

NadineBusty

Valued Member
Aug 21, 2019
The recent news from FF London-Asia TC

I asked the process of my application and it was quite surprising that the response was coming from Hong Kong. They told me that
We are currently reviewing your application and shall reach out to you once we have an update on your application.

My current status is : pre-WG

Thank you for sharing!

• 📥
Reactions: iamJW

gh1999

Dec 10, 2019
you are assuming they will offer you a TC!

there is nothing stopping you reneging your current offer and accepting the latest offer if that’s something you wanted to do.

TC offers should be either extended to the 15th September as you go into your final year of uni, or 4 weeks if you are past that stage.

But the above is a voluntary code, there’s nothing stopping a firm asking you to accept the offer within a few days. But there’s little stopping you reneging on a firm neither (well until you have had any form of financial compensation from the firm at least).

Jessica, so some firms actually allow the TC offers to stand until 15th Sept, even if they offer you the TC in say, March?

Rfn38

Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone applied to / heard from Greenberg Traurig?

Hi Lisa, I applied to GT, I haven't heard back yet. I also haven't come across anyone who has received an AC invite.

I havent heard back yet either, but saw that somoene received an invite last year on 28 february (on another forum). Considering thats the date you can assume a rejection if you haven't heard back by, this might be the case this year as well.

Reactions: lisa0410 and Aminata

SaulGoodman

Jul 12, 2019
Has anybody else been totally ghosted by Addleshaw Goddard post-application? I was having trouble receiving any emails from the portal so tried emailing them about that and still received nothing.

I sent my application in December and chased up at the end of January.

They said they would be in touch shortly and that they are still reviewing applications. This was two weeks ago now.

• ℹ️
Reactions: ShelleyEds and Hope3345

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    I applied for spring. But I've seen loads of people on here get ACs for summer way before I did and funnily enough the invite email didn't say specifically invite to spring/summer vac AC like most law firms do. So I get the feeling they just interview people as and when they want based on the strength of their app???
    Yeah! I have a spring AC interview next week and was told that they let us know the day after, so assume it is rolling? Who knows really! Thank you for the reply!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Dheepa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.