Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Same!! :( (their loss lol).
ahaha 'their loss' is becoming my life mantra, it eases the sting of rejection ever so slightly :D
Hi Alice, I completely understand why this is devastating and how you may feel "not good enough". However, I think you should reflect upon your accomplishments. You conquered every step of the way until the AC for a firm that could arguably be #1 in the entire world! That is so huge!! You were clearly one of the most exceptional candidates to get that far in the first place, so be proud of that! Every step is a lesson learned, and from the feedback you receive you will grow into a better version of yourself to put forth and a firm will accept you. Everything happens for a reason even if that reason is unknown to you right now. Keep your head up and think positive thoughts! We all know you got this. Hope you're doing okay this week :)
thank you for being so kind and I’m doing much better today, thank you so much :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
In the same position – got my A&O rejection post AC yesterday and I had pinned a lot of my hopes on it because nothing else was working out. I wish they were quicker with feedback because I feel like genuinely could not have prepped more for it. Something will definitely work out in the future though so keep your head high!
I am so so sorry to hear but I honestly think it’s late in their cycle and we probably did well but just not quite good enough this time. Let’s see what feedback we each get and feedback to each other? It might be really valuable for us both going forwards :) :)

ZH

Esteemed Member
Nov 14, 2019
In the same position – got my A&O rejection post AC yesterday and I had pinned a lot of my hopes on it because nothing else was working out. I wish they were quicker with feedback because I feel like genuinely could not have prepped more for it. Something will definitely work out in the future though so keep your head high!

Hi! Sorry to hear this but I hope you hear better news soon.

Was just wondering what you do for your AC prep - general advice, not necessarily for A&O?

Thanks

ZH

Esteemed Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi all

Just wondering what general AC prep you guys do - for e.g. go over application answer, practice answering some questions.

Any useful practical steps you guys can share would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Reactions: M1999

Nick

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
their website is showing the 2019 deadlines and their apply4law is saying that deadlines passed for TC even though it's meant to be July deadline

I would imagine, as is probably the case with many other firms, that they haven’t opened up for their summer window yet. Probably worth checking again in April.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    their website is showing the 2019 deadlines and their apply4law is saying that deadlines passed for TC even though it's meant to be July deadline
    I would imagine, as is probably the case with many other firms, that they haven’t opened up for their summer window yet. Probably worth checking again in April.
    They didn’t open for the VS this cycle either

Reactions: Nick

ibs97

Legendary Member
    Jan 20, 2020
    I am so so sorry to hear but I honestly think it’s late in their cycle and we probably did well but just not quite good enough this time. Let’s see what feedback we each get and feedback to each other? It might be really valuable for us both going forwards :) :)

yes that's a good idea for sure! I suspect the same thing and if it were oct/nov we would have had a better shot. I'll DM you when they schedule my feedback call :)

Hi! Sorry to hear this but I hope you hear better news soon.

Was just wondering what you do for your AC prep - general advice, not necessarily for A&O?

Thanks

I created a 'prep' document with top commercial awareness stories, how to go through an M&A case, what is a PE/VC etc, and I went through the TCLA forum on A&O that gave me an overview of typical interview questions and prepared answers to them/examples to talk about. I highly recommend Finimize for brief and well-explained news stories in a daily newsletter and their app has a great daily 7 min podcast that I listened to on my way to lectures. My university also did mock interviews and has free access to the Job Test Prep site which had practice consulting cases and I used them to get familiar with basic balance sheet calculations and case structures even though they weren't law specific – hope that's helpful!

Reactions: 1 person

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
    Dec 29, 2019
    yes that's a good idea for sure! I suspect the same thing and if it were oct/nov we would have had a better shot. I'll DM you when they schedule my feedback call :)

I created a 'prep' document with top commercial awareness stories, how to go through an M&A case, what is a PE/VC etc, and I went through the TCLA forum on A&O that gave me an overview of typical interview questions and prepared answers to them/examples to talk about. I highly recommend Finimize for brief and well-explained news stories in a daily newsletter and their app has a great daily 7 min podcast that I listened to on my way to lectures. My university also did mock interviews and has free access to the Job Test Prep site which had practice consulting cases and I used them to get familiar with basic balance sheet calculations and case structures even though they weren't law specific – hope that's helpful!
    Did you subscribe to Finimize Premium? I've had the app for ages but I've not explored their packs at all as I've been rather busy and getting by with FT articles and Daily Briefing so far

Lulu76

Standard Member
    Jun 22, 2019
    Hi. Has anyone heard back from Kennedy’s re being successful to proceed to the assessment day. I submitted the WG test Saturday and am advised if successful then to proceed to the assessment day next week. As this is my first test/potential AC, I would be grateful for any feedback on how long firms usually take to get back to you after a WG test?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.