Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annalise2.0

Jan 15, 2019
My assessment centre was on Friday the 7th!

I wouldn’t assume it is a rejection just yet as I don’t know anyone who has heard back for London. Anyway we can only hope for good news!

I have a feeling they will reply by tomorrow but if not I may call them up - as they were definitive that we would hear back by Friday last week.

Yeah, that's true, thank you! I think I'll do that too, hope it's good news!!

Gemma Cotton

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any advice on the Penningtons AC, I have mine next week and haven’t heard anything about what it encompasses. I know this is their last AC, so does anyone who has had the AC have any advice please?

Thank you!!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Has anyone read any good books recently or listened to any podcasts that are especially good for debates surrounding current affairs or sort of big overarching ideas that are current? Just been thinking how I can best prepare for an article discussion and figured this might be a decent approach alongside my general news reading etc :)

Hope3345

Mar 14, 2018
Hi all I need some advice asap if that's ok. I've got an AC this morning and its all day, with an interview first thing. I did loads of prep and went to bed at 10pm to get enough sleep, only to be kept awake by racing thoughts and anxiety until 3am for a 6am wake up.

Should I mention my sleep deprivation at all? I feel like crying and I'm completely unable to think and I keep losing words even talking to my mum on the phone.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone read any good books recently or listened to any podcasts that are especially good for debates surrounding current affairs or sort of big overarching ideas that are current? Just been thinking how I can best prepare for an article discussion and figured this might be a decent approach alongside my general news reading etc :)

I don’t think that’s really a good way to prepare to be honest. The article could be about anything, so all you are doing is just shooting blindly into the air.

If anything start to read newspaper articles from something like the Financial Times or Economist and start to analyse them. Pull them apart, think about how things link into them.

fhat will prepare you for the process of the assessment rather than hoping you hit lucky with a topic

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi all I need some advice asap if that's ok. I've got an AC this morning and its all day, with an interview first thing. I did loads of prep and went to bed at 10pm to get enough sleep, only to be kept awake by racing thoughts and anxiety until 3am for a 6am wake up.

Should I mention my sleep deprivation at all? I feel like crying and I'm completely unable to think and I keep losing words even talking to my mum on the phone.
I wouldn’t mention your sleep depravation personally. You need to calm your nerves and remember how far you have come. You’ve got to the AC and you have as much chance as any other candidate. Take stock of that. Perhaps get to your destination in good time and have a walk in the fresh air before you go in. Think positively about yourself. Smile and believe in your abilities. Good luck.

• 🤝
Reactions: GM and Charlie_32133

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

you can mention it but to be honest there is little a firm can do to compensate for it/take it into account. Try and nap or just completely switch off between now and your AC starting and then make sure you drink loads of caffeine (unless you are adverse to it) make sure you keep your sugar levels up and drink loads of water.

• 🤝
Reactions: Holly

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Really sorry to hear this, that must be stressful. If you’re still having a hard time by the time you get there (you might be surprised by how much the adrenaline wakes you up), I think you can be honest and explain the situation but that you’re going to give it your best shot.

Reactions: Holly and Alice G

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019

100% been in your position so I know how you're feeling. Wishing you allllll the very best for the AC. You got this!!

NadineBusty

Valued Member
    Aug 21, 2019
    WFW rejection post ac, bit gutted as it was my only ac invite this cycle but I learnt a lot and the feedback will be helpful. I’m still waiting to hear from Simmons and Mishcon but feels a bit late for those now so will start on direct tc apps, onwards and upwards!

I am so sorry to hear this, Flora. I kept my fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: Helena
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.