Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi all I need some advice asap if that's ok. I've got an AC this morning and its all day, with an interview first thing. I did loads of prep and went to bed at 10pm to get enough sleep, only to be kept awake by racing thoughts and anxiety until 3am for a 6am wake up.

Should I mention my sleep deprivation at all? I feel like crying and I'm completely unable to think and I keep losing words even talking to my mum on the phone.

Look at the bright side, you managed to squeeze in an extra 5 hours of preparation!

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Anyone been placed on a reserve list for a VS before? Assuming my chances from now are slim, but would be interested to know if there are any people who actually got a place after people dropped out.
Is it a summer VS? There is a chance that some candidates get a TC offer before then and will therefore not go ahead with the VS so there is always hope.

Reactions: walruswalrus

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Anyone been placed on a reserve list for a VS before? Assuming my chances from now are slim, but would be interested to know if there are any people who actually got a place after people dropped out.

My friend was on the reserve list for travers smith, someone dropped out and they got a place on the scheme and is now a future trainee. I really hope you get a place! :)

I think your chances are quite high as sometimes people can't attend vac schemes if there are clashes with another scheme, or it clashes with exams, or they just have too many offers and feel it's right to just let someone else get a chance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.