Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
I'm not sure if it's the same for London, but when I attended an insight evening at Dentons in Glasgow, grad rec told me that they do not review direct TC applications on a rolling basis
I applied to their direct TC last cycle in around December time. Got the WG test invite in Feb and no news until JUNE... only to learn that I didn't pass the benchmark so yeah... They don't decide until June time for direct TC's unfortunately but things may have changed this cycle.

• ℹ️
Reactions: NickyRaykes

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Same here, a shame really but can see what tomorrow brings...

I’m sorry to hear it!

Based off other comments in this thread it seems they’ve been dishing invites out all week.

It’s harder when it’s not an outright rejection as I want to cling on to that last bit of hope!

Annalise2.0

Jan 15, 2019
    Rejection post interview for Squires Patton Boggs.

Had some feedback regarding my performance, and left feeling a bit frustrated. Honestly thought that the AC couldn’t have gone better, and my feedback was all positive which is confusing as I was rejected.

The one negative was that I didnt do well on a strengths based competency question - but I was not asked any competency questions in my interview.

Perhaps the implied feedback was that the firm isn’t for me - but I was strongly advised to apply for the Winter scheme which has sent me a mixed message.

Sorry to hear that. I spoke to grad rec today and got similar feedback as well post rejection. I was also strongly encouraged to apply for the winter vac scheme too so we'll see. It's so frustrating when you get so close but I guess it means it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck with your other applications :)

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    I’m sorry to hear it!

Based off other comments in this thread it seems they’ve been dishing invites out all week.

It’s harder when it’s not an outright rejection as I want to cling on to that last bit of hope!
    I haven't heard anyone say they've had an invite - just someone say that they'd heard other people get an invite (I'd always treat that with a pinch of salt). Maybe they're just late? Who knows. (Desperately trying to stay positive here).

arifdc

Mar 28, 2019
    I haven't heard anyone say they've had an invite - just someone say that they'd heard other people get an invite (I'd always treat that with a pinch of salt). Maybe they're just late? Who knows. (Desperately trying to stay positive here).

Agreed, here's hoping we find out tomorrow! Will keep you all posted

WMA

Feb 17, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for DWF assessment centre? It's in 2 weeks and includes a pannel interview, proof-reading task and a group exercise. Any tips would be welcomed :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019

Agreed, here's hoping we find out tomorrow! Will keep you all posted

We can still hold out! I suppose it is odd no one in this thread has heard anything. Best of luck all

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020
    Sorry to hear that. I spoke to grad rec today and got similar feedback as well post rejection. I was also strongly encouraged to apply for the winter vac scheme too so we'll see. It's so frustrating when you get so close but I guess it means it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck with your other applications :)

I know the person at SPB who has final say on everyone making it onto their vac scheme. They have a bit of an odd application process, so PM me in case you want me to clarify the whole thing

• 🤝
    Reactions: Annalise2.0 and M&ALawyer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.