Hello everyone! :)

MiriamOnen

Nov 9, 2021

I am a recent non-law graduate, I studied politics and international relations for my BA and I've just completed my MSc in Security Studies at UCL. I am aiming to secure a summer vacation scheme and hopefully the much coveted training contract!

I am keen to improve my performance on the Watson-Glaser test. At the minute, my speed is not great nor is my ability to focus on such little pieces of information. I would like any tips on technique with these tests! :)

Best Wishes,
Miriam

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @MiriamOnen,

It is great to meet you. Welcome to the forum!

I initially struggled with the WG. I bought a couple of books and some practice packs online. The test really is about practice and learning the specific structures that the WG employs. Once you are familiar with the general nature of the questions being asked, you will improve.

Keep at it as the WG is challenging. As someone who, after working at it, found relative success, I want to reassure you that it does get easier :)

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

I am a recent non-law graduate, I studied politics and international relations for my BA and I've just completed my MSc in Security Studies at UCL. I am aiming to secure a summer vacation scheme and hopefully the much coveted training contract!

I am keen to improve my performance on the Watson-Glaser test. At the minute, my speed is not great nor is my ability to focus on such little pieces of information. I would like any tips on technique with these tests! :)

Best Wishes,
    Miriam

Welcome to the forum Miriam - well done for having the courage to introduce yourself!

Here are a couple of links you may find helpful:

Reactions: George Maxwell

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.