Herbert Smith Freehills online test

Yukta

Jun 25, 2022
I took the online test 5 days ago and i haven't received a reply. It shows that the status of my application is still under review. I am not sure if that's good or bad if they taking so long. What is the maximum amount of time taken by them to review?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I took the online test 5 days ago and i haven't received a reply. It shows that the status of my application is still under review. I am not sure if that's good or bad if they taking so long. What is the maximum amount of time taken by them to review?
I took a cursory glance at HSF's website to find an answer for this and I haven't been able to, unfortunately. In my experience, it can take between 10 day-few weeks to get an update/reply for tests. I'd wait at least until then before emailing grad rec to ask about when you should expect an update. Fingers crossed for you! 🤞

Reactions: Yukta

Yukta

Jun 25, 2022
I took a cursory glance at HSF's website to find an answer for this and I haven't been able to, unfortunately. In my experience, it can take between 10 day-few weeks to get an update/reply for tests. I'd wait at least until then before emailing grad rec to ask about when you should expect an update. Fingers crossed for you! 🤞
Thank you so much ☺

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hey @Yukta,

I am sorry to hear that you are finding this process frustrating. I really empathise with you wanting to hear back from a firm about your application. I remember feeling exactly like this when I was applying.

I have just had a look through my emails for you. I believe I heard that I had passed the benchmark approximately four days after completing the blended assessment (although it is difficult to work out exactly when I completed it). My application was ultimately successful, so at this point, it doesn't seem that you should be concerned that you have not yet heard back!

If it were me, I would wait a few more days to hear back from GR, as they are likely to reply letting you know that they will aim to get back to you as soon as they can (and that your application is still under review). That said, this is a personal decision, so I understand if you want to go ahead and email them!

Let me know if you would like any further advice on anything as always 🚀

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.