Hill Dickinson 2020/2021

Martin S.

• Mar 12, 2020
    Had my interview just now, only spoke 8 minutes so I feel it was too short but we'll see. They said Grad recruitment would be in contact the week commencing 8th March to tell us what the next step is. Cause of how late it is. I think the next step is the insight scheme.

How did other people find it?
    Thanks! Sounds really similar to last year then which is a relief. Mine is on Thursday, best of luck with yours 😊
    Hey! If you don't mind that would be really helpful! I have an interview on Thursday. :)
    That is true I suppose, thank you! I have another interview next week so hoping that experiencing this interview first will help.

I applied for Manchester Health stream and was told we would hear back by the 8th March :)
    Thank you!! I’ll keep you updated 🤞

Hello there! How was your' interview? What were the questions?

katie.c

Oct 7, 2020
    Ok well that was brutal....😫. I read about how blunt it was but I didn't expect it to be that much! Mine lasted around 15mins so now im worried thinking all I did was waffle!!
    Hey, Im sure you did well and you probably went into detail regarding the questions which I'm sure they'll appreciate! Could you give any pointers as to the type of questions to expect? (eg: is it along the lines of what was said above or were you surprised by any questions?)

Thanks! :)

Reactions: Num

Num

Distinguished Member
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hey, Im sure you did well and you probably went into detail regarding the questions which I'm sure they'll appreciate! Could you give any pointers as to the type of questions to expect? (eg: is it along the lines of what was said above or were you surprised by any questions?)

Thanks! :)
    Thank you! I think the vibe just caught me off guard haha

Yes, as above. Mainly about the firm, your sector, your role, and any legal challenges etc (I did the business sector for reference)! I did prepare 3 competencies and strength based stuff but none of that was asked. It was very quick - so I think they are just trying to get through them all with using the 3 questions.

good luck hope yours goes well!🤞

katie.c

Oct 7, 2020
    Thank you! I think the vibe just caught me off guard haha

Yes, as above. Mainly about the firm, your sector, your role, and any legal challenges etc (I did the business sector for reference)! I did prepare 3 competencies and strength based stuff but none of that was asked. It was very quick - so I think they are just trying to get through them all with using the 3 questions.

good luck hope yours goes well!🤞
    Haha I get you, I wouldn't worry too much though it sounds like you were well prepared! Thank you for the insight I really appreciate it :)

Reactions: Num

ab1147

Esteemed Member
    Jan 21, 2021
    Did anyone apply for the Manchester office? They said to me by end of the month they will be in touch..should I presume it’s a rejection :/
    I'm thinking perhaps they are doing different offices at different times? I interviewed for London last week and they also told me end of the month

Num

Distinguished Member
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hi I did, have you had an interview? I haven't so I'm thinking it might be a rejection :/
    Hi! Yes I had it on Wednesday!
    Ah I see, normally after the WG if successful they invite you to one and the window to book your slot has gone - sorry to hear about yours 😥 maybe better luck next time xx

Reactions: Ana_M

Martin S.

• Mar 12, 2020
    So, I just (literally) had my interview and for those still wondering, the questions were on skills needed for the role, HD position in the market and challenges faced by the firm.

**moderated post

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.