Hill Dickinson 2020/2021

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
There may be a way of checking whether it was disabled on the document?

I'm actually a little worried because I just checked mine back after finishing and there are zero spelling mistakes. And no *real* grammar mistakes, apart from a couple of sentences where the suggested wording is more 'concise'. So I'm hoping they do have a way of checking because I wouldn't want to be accused of cheating. I didn't - I just kept things nice and simple.

I really enjoyed the exercise though, I have to say!
Ok I just had mine, and went back to check and this is exactly me!! 😫🤣 I hope they don't think that either. I just got the usual suggested wording too and a few grammar ones.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Ok I just had mine, and went back to check and this is exactly me!! 😫🤣 I hope they don't think that either. I just got the usual suggested wording too and a few grammar ones.
Well mine wasn't all rosy. Part of it is in a different sized font. And I've gone over one A4 page (had it all been one size, it would have fit). So I don't fancy my chances too much now.

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
Well mine wasn't all rosy. Part of it is in a different sized font. And I've gone over one A4 page (had it all been one size, it would have fit). So I don't fancy my chances too much now.
Neither was mine! I went way over the one A4 page so I had to make my font smaller and cut out sentences/spaces. I feel like many people experienced the same so I would worry🤞

ab1147

Esteemed Member
Jan 21, 2021
Finished the written exercise today and looked back and I made a couple of spelling mistakes! So annoying that we could get rejected after so many stages because of a typo :(
Don't worry, I feel like this is really normal! I think as long as the whole document wasn't full of typos, it wont be anything detrimental to have one or two here and there, especially as it was quite tight for time! In reality, lawyers would have spellcheck anyway so I don't see why we would get rejected for one or two minor mistakes :)

Reactions: Lawstudent99!

Lawstudent99!

Feb 15, 2021
Don't worry, I feel like this is really normal! I think as long as the whole document wasn't full of typos, it wont be anything detrimental to have one or two here and there, especially as it was quite tight for time! In reality, lawyers would have spellcheck anyway so I don't see why we would get rejected for one or two minor mistakes :)
Thank you for reassuring me! Fingers crossed they can look past that! Good luck with your application!

ab1147

Esteemed Member
Jan 21, 2021
Thank you for reassuring me! Fingers crossed they can look past that! Good luck with your application!
No worries, I'm also just trying to reassure myself to be honest 😂 Good luck to you too x

Does anyone know whether they will only look at our written task or whether they'll consider everything we've done so far to decide whether we progress to the insight scheme?

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
No worries, I'm also just trying to reassure myself to be honest 😂 Good luck to you too x

Does anyone know whether they will only look at our written task or whether they'll consider everything we've done so far to decide whether we progress to the insight scheme?
I’m hoping they will consider us holistically and not just based on one test 😅

Reactions: Christina93

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.