Introducing our Moderators

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    A big welcome to @Daniel Boden who will also be joining the moderator team.
    Thanks so much Jaysen! Delighted to be a part of the team :D

As @Alice G did so eloquently, I figured I'd do a brief introduction about where I'm at.

I'm a 3rd year Hispanic Studies student at the University of Nottingham and am on a year abroad this year. I interned at a Spanish law firm in Madrid from September to the end of January and am now currently studying in the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina, all of which has been fantastic thus far!

I'm a very keen sportsman (hockey's my main one) and came to law quite late, but am now very committed to a career in corporate law following work experience placements at Freshfields, Macfarlanes and Weil which have led me to apply to a variety of firms this cycle.

This was my first cycle I was eligible to apply for vacation schemes and, since I can't apply to most firms until my final year, I viewed this year as an almost 'trial-run' type thing and, despite plenty of rejections, I am happy to say I made it to 3 ACs at Macfarlanes, Bird & Bird and Weil respectively. Unfortunately, I didn't get Macfarlanes and Bird & Bird but got some positive feedback and am still waiting to hear from Weil so fingers crossed on that front!

Since I am still doing my undergrad I obviously haven't started the GDL or LPC yet, but am planning to do the GDL in Guildford which is near to where I live and then do the LPC in London, hopefully having obtained a TC!

Just to echo what Alice said, no question is a silly question and if a person feels uncomfortable asking a question in public view then please do not hesitate to message me directly and I'll do my best to help you out!

Wishing everyone all the best for the rest of this cycle! :)

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Thanks so much Jaysen! Delighted to be a part of the team :D

As @Alice G did so eloquently, I figured I'd do a brief introduction about where I'm at.

I'm a 3rd year Hispanics Studies student at the University of Nottingham and am on a year abroad this year. I interned at a Spanish law firm in Madrid from September to the end of January and am now currently studying in the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina, all of which has been fantastic thus far!

I'm a very keen sportsman (hockey's my main one) and came to law quite late, but am now very committed to a career in corporate law following work experience placements at Freshfields, Macfarlanes and Weil which have led me to apply to a variety of firms this cycle.

This was my first cycle I was eligible to apply for vacation schemes and, since I can't apply to most firms until my final year, I viewed this year as an almost 'trial-run' type thing and, despite plenty of rejections, I am happy to say I made it to 3 ACs at Macfarlanes, Bird & Bird and Weil respectively. Unfortunately, I didn't get Macfarlanes and Bird & Bird but got some positive feedback and am still waiting to hear from Weil so fingers crossed on that front!

Since I am still doing my undergrad I obviously haven't started the GDL or LPC yet, but am planning to do the GDL in Guildford which is near to where I live and then do the LPC in London, hopefully having obtained a TC!

Just to echo what Alice said, no question is a silly question and if a person feels uncomfortable asking a question in public view then please do not hesitate to message me directly and I'll do my best to help you out!

Wishing everyone all the best for the rest of this cycle! :)

So interesting to hear about your year abroad and your experience at a Spanish firm! Great introduction :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and Daniel Boden

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.