Lawyersoontobe

Standard Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hello

After years of applying I finally got my first Video interview. Please could anyone who has completed it let me know what kind of questions they ask.
I applied for direct TC.

Thanks

Last edited:

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello

After years of applying I finally got my first Video interview. Please could anyone who has completed it let me know what kind of questions they ask.
I applied for direct TC.

Thanks
Congratulations, very happy for you! Linking some posts here to help you prepare -
All the best! Pleas let us know how it goes 😊

Reactions: Lawyersoontobe

Lawyersoontobe

Standard Member
Jan 10, 2023
  • 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

AriLor

Standard Member
Jan 18, 2022
I completed it last year and managed to get to AC and eventually was offered a direct TC. I'd say break your questions into basic competency, strengths and motivational questions and stick to the point. For preparation, when you think of a statement eg."I worked as a waiter at a cafe" think of the sub question "so what" and apply it directly to IM. EG. "My work experience as a waiter helped me build my communication skills which is important as IM works closely with their clients and..." (basically whenever you make a statement make sure you substantiate it).

Lawyersoontobe

Standard Member
Jan 10, 2023
I completed it last year and managed to get to AC and eventually was offered a direct TC. I'd say break your questions into basic competency, strengths and motivational questions and stick to the point. For preparation, when you think of a statement eg."I worked as a waiter at a cafe" think of the sub question "so what" and apply it directly to IM. EG. "My work experience as a waiter helped me build my communication skills which is important as IM works closely with their clients and..." (basically whenever you make a statement make sure you substantiate it).
Congratulations!

Thank you so much!

Do they ask questions related to law or questions such as tell me about yourself?

I just need to make sure to go over certain topics as it's been a long time since I finished my degree

AriLor

Standard Member
Jan 18, 2022
Congratulations!

Thank you so much!

Do they ask questions related to law or questions such as tell me about yourself?

I just need to make sure to go over certain topics as it's been a long time since I finished my degree
I don't remember being asked a specifically law related Q. I'd advise you check up and find one legislation impacting IM just in case, but was more competency and motivational.

Reactions: Lawyersoontobe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.