Jones Day

Lea.E-R

Dec 25, 2019
Thank you!! I just got rejected today. But good luck with your application!!
I am sorry about that, but as someone from this forum told me earlier 'your name is on another firm's TC list' ;).
Thank you very much!

So much anxiety waiting my view is why would they ask for a reference if they're not at least a little interested, would waste a lot of people time if they requested references for everyone.
Ah, I completely hear you & I think it is a good sign they asked for a reference. I read many times that they don't ask everybody who applies. So you're just one step closer to the interviews, and that's amazing! Now, I don't think they would have asked for my reference (applied 6 days ago) or yours (late December) if their schemes were full already. So let's be optimistic! :p. I'll let you know if I hear back, whether it is positive or not.

• 🤝
Reactions: ComplianceChange

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
I am sorry about that, but as someone from this forum told me earlier 'your name is on another firm's TC list' ;).
Thank you very much!

Ah, I completely hear you & I think it is a good sign they asked for a reference. I read many times that they don't ask everybody who applies. So you're just one step closer to the interviews, and that's amazing! Now, I don't think they would have asked for my reference (applied 6 days ago) or yours (late December) if their schemes were full already. So let's be optimistic! :p. I'll let you know if I hear back, whether it is positive or not.

Fingers crossed, I will also let you know if I receive any contact eeeek :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Lea.E-R
D

Deleted member 2707

Hi all, for those who had references requested, were you informed by Jones Day that they were requesting for your reference? Or were you informed by your referee?

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Thanks so much- I applied 12th December, they did contact my references (notified me of this on the 24th) and my reference sent in on the 2nd Jan
Have you heard anything? :)
No but to be fair I applied on the 10th January. I suppose they got a lot more applications towards the deadline as well. Just wondering when is a realistic time to expect a response.

Emily K

Valued Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 29, 2018
Glad to know I'm not alone! Can I ask where you are at with the application? I am struggling with the short word counts, how have you structured the two questions in 'Extra Curricular Activities'? :)

Completely agree, the word limit is difficult! I had to be really strict with editing and being selective with examples. For the first question, I chose two society positions I held at university and briefly explained my responsibilities for each. For the second, I again chose two examples of extra-curricular activities I like doing (for me that's dance and volunteering) and very briefly gave some details. Not sure this is the right approach, but there isn't really much room for more! Best of luck with the application, I'm sure you'll do great :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.