Jones Day

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Just a quick question about references - do they ask everyone for an academic reference, or is there some sort of screening process?
I believe they ask for academic references just before inviting you to interview. At least that is what happened to me! I interviewed for the winter scheme in November so would happy to talk anyone through the virtual interview process :)

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
I think it’s automatic since they asked for mine the next day which was Christmas Eve, a few other people said they had the same thing
Just a quick question about references - do they ask everyone for an academic reference, or is there some sort of screening process?

Oh ignore me then! Someone else told me it wasn't automatic and it came just before an interview invite as I had the same question.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.