KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
Amazing thank you so much! Did you need any like "prior knowledge" of the firm and the awards they have received etc etc? I am trying to work out how much I need to prep alongside my full time job. I am sure you smashed it, and I look forward to hearing your result!!! :D
Nope! Didn’t need none of that. Just go with confidence and smiles. Be yourself. Honestly that’s all you need. 😊. Me tooo. Hopefully it went well. 🤞

Sop1521

Mar 18, 2021
thank you! ⭐️ 😂. Yes but it’s 2 per module! A lot of time pressure. Prep your nerves to be calm. And you see the time ticking too. 😭
Glad it went well for you, sounds a bit stressful haha! Out of interest what did you spend the other time doing? Did Kennedys do a presentation / did you get to interact with any current trainees?

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
Glad it went well for you, sounds a bit stressful haha! Out of interest what did you spend the other time doing? Did Kennedys do a presentation / did you get to interact with any current trainees?
Disclaimer: I don’t know if it went well 😂. I was genuinely enjoying the session. It was fun tbh just be yourself. No need to pretend because you’re actually trying to see if the firm is for you as much as you them. I’m usually the chatty type and I have so many smiles to give 😭 We also did an ice breaker at the start that was fun. Yes we got to ask questions. The trainees were calm. Like we were all just having a fun chat. Don’t feel the need to be too technical. Some questions that were asked to the trainees were even too technical and they said they didn’t know. 😭

Sop1521

Mar 18, 2021
Disclaimer: I don’t know if it went well 😂. I was genuinely enjoying the session. It was fun tbh just be yourself. No need to pretend because you’re actually trying to see if the firm is for you as much as you them. I’m usually the chatty type and I have so many smiles to give 😭 We also did an ice breaker at the start that was fun. Yes we got to ask questions. The trainees were calm. Like we were all just having a fun chat. Don’t feel the need to be too technical. Some questions that were asked to the trainees were even too technical and they said they didn’t know. 😭
Haha yeah I guess you never do with these things!! If you were having a good time though im sure that came across well 😁. Thank you for answering all our questions!! Its made me feel less stressed about it!

to law or not to law?

Distinguished Member
Dec 30, 2018
Was the partner interview on the same day or will that be another day?

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
By the way, I remember I said I was used to recording myself and the VI was fairly good for me because it was just recording but my nerves actually showed up a little bit when I was recording for the AC micro assessments because of the extra tasks and time pressure. I don’t know if this will help anyone in preparation for their own AC. I can’t even give advise on this because truly they’re testing how you work under time pressure and it’s hard to prepare because you will just act quickly when you’re in the position. So just try and be calm if you can. It’s hard when there’s so much in front of you but if you don’t stick to the recommended time you actually won’t get through the activities. So you have to just try your best to work strategically. 😅💗!

Reactions: TT98

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
By the way, I remember I said I was used to recording myself and the VI was fairly good for me because it was just recording but my nerves actually showed up a little bit when I was recording for the AC micro assessments because of the extra tasks and time pressure. I don’t know if this will help anyone in preparation for their own AC. I can’t even give advise on this because truly they’re testing how you work under time pressure and it’s hard to prepare because you will just act quickly when you’re in the position. So just try and be calm if you can. It’s hard when there’s so much in front of you but if you don’t stick to the recommended time you actually won’t get through the activities. So you have to just try your best to work strategically. 😅💗!
I can’t thank you enough for this, really put my mind at ease!

Was MS teams only needed for the informal chats at the end, or was there some aspect of group work where you had to do presentations etc?

Reactions: Oroma

TT98

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Thank you so much for all of the information you provided! It was really helpful (I have mine later today) and it has really calmed my nerves :) Hope it all goes well for you, it sounds like you smashed it!! Good luck with your senior associate interview

Reactions: Oroma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.