Legal help

tom3217

Jan 26, 2019
In 2012 my parents got a divorce and my dad got full custody. I was emancipated by marriage in 2016, and my dad let my mom keep my brother but never signed over custody of him to her. My mom has passed away and I'm next of kin for her belongings me and my grandmother are trying to figure out what the best option for my brother would be. He is 16 and he lived in Georgia with my mom. he talks like he wants to stay in north Carolina with me, but my grandma lives down there to, me and her are both willing to take him in whichever he chooses. But we don't know legally what we can do. We haven't called my dad because My dad lives in minnisota and doesn't even call or visit except every 6 months to a year. Does anyone know the best thing to do legally?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    In 2012 my parents got a divorce and my dad got full custody. I was emancipated by marriage in 2016, and my dad let my mom keep my brother but never signed over custody of him to her. My mom has passed away and I'm next of kin for her belongings me and my grandmother are trying to figure out what the best option for my brother would be. He is 16 and he lived in Georgia with my mom. he talks like he wants to stay in north Carolina with me, but my grandma lives down there to, me and her are both willing to take him in whichever he chooses. But we don't know legally what we can do. We haven't called my dad because My dad lives in minnisota and doesn't even call or visit except every 6 months to a year. Does anyone know the best thing to do legally?

Hi Tom,

I'm afraid we're not a forum that can provide legal advice. I hope you manage to sort things out.

Best,

Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.