Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys - would you say its fairly late to submit an app for Linklaters winter VS? The deadline is this Monday so I was considering applying for spring instead?

It’s always worth a shot all the time applications are open, whether it’s rolling or not. For any firms that do rolling recruitment and fill early, you can always ask to transfer to a different scheme

Reactions: Maddie R

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do you mean that I can apply for spring scheme and ask the firm to transfer to summer scheme?

1) if you are eligible for the later scheme
2) if you are told they are not taking any candidates forward as they have filled roles earlier than expected

• ℹ️
Reactions: Soliha

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Did anyone find out their Watson Glaser Test result after completing that part of the assessment? I did not - will we find it out?

Yes, you can email them and ask for your report where it details your score. They won't reveal the benchmark, that will now be decided after today's deadline.

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Yes & Yes. It's called the Assessment Development Report.

Well it’s a relief since I am on hold now. How long did it take you to receive the report? The reason I am slightly worried about the hold is that it told me there was some interruption that should be reviewed, even though I did the test in one go.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Well it’s a relief since I am on hold now. How long did it take you to receive the report? The reason I am slightly worried about the hold is that it told me there was some interruption that should be reviewed, even though I did the test in one go.

The deadline for the Winter Vac Scheme was yesterday so they will have only just started looking at the applications.

I did my application the day it came out, I think, 11/09/2019. I then received the feedback report within 24 hours.

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
The deadline for the Winter Vac Scheme was yesterday so they will have only just started looking at the applications.

I did my application the day it came out, I think, 11/09/2019. I then received the feedback report within 24 hours.

That’s commitment! Thanks for the answers, and wish you the best in your application

Frank

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2018
So wait because I’m confused. Having an application on hold implies that the WG & their new test has been passed and now they’re reviewing the app, or this term is basically a synonym for “under review”? Thanks guys :)

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    What do you guys think the next step is? Will they invite us to write something now or straight to interview? The new system seems weird. A big change from last year at least.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.