Linklaters 2019/20 Application

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
What do you guys think the next step is? Will they invite us to write something now or straight to interview? The new system seems weird. A big change from last year at least.

I spoke with them (through submitting an Instagram question) and the recruitment officer mentioned that they "have moved this to a later stage in the process to make the application more efficient for students".

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Has anyone heard back yet? Does anyone know if they are looking for you to pass the Watson Glaser test or to excel in it?
    Hi, I heard back on Friday and got invited to the AC! Finally received my Watson Glaser results today and got 30/40, 83rd percentile. I think that they look at your WGT in combination of the skills you got in the Linklaters Capp Assesment!

Hope this helps!

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Hi, I heard back on Friday and got invited to the AC! Finally received my Watson Glaser results today and got 30/40, 83rd percentile. I think that they look at your WGT in combination of the skills you got in the Linklaters Capp Assesment!

Hope this helps!
    I also got 30/40 but was in just the 38th percentile! I thought my feedback for the Capp Assestment was also overall positive, how strange... thanks anyway!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Percentiles are generated by different things than just how many questions you got right.

If the exercise is timed, then how long it took you to complete the assessment can effect your percentile.

If you choose the “worst” answer you can also get negative scores.

Some questions can be weighted more than others, particularly if they are seen as more complex.

It’s not unknown for people to get the same “raw score” (or 30 out of 40) and have very different percentiles.

Reactions: PHT

Plum

Star Member
    Oct 30, 2019
    Percentiles are generated by different things than just how many questions you got right.

If the exercise is timed, then how long it took you to complete the assessment can effect your percentile.

If you choose the “worst” answer you can also get negative scores.

Some questions can be weighted more than others, particularly if they are seen as more complex.

It’s not unknown for people to get the same “raw score” (or 30 out of 40) and have very different percentiles.

Yes, I think I must have really messed up my conclusions section as I got 31/40 overall but 53rd percentile. Thanks for the explanation!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.