Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Same!!! But constantly reminding myself that no news is good news!
Has anybody braved asking GR how they performed on the tests?
I looked further back on this thread and it seems that people said it was a pass/fail situation and your percentile or score itself doesn’t matter that much. Last year they ran ACs into February so I’m hoping it’s a similar situation this time!

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
Same!!! But constantly reminding myself that no news is good news!
Has anybody braved asking GR how they performed on the tests?
No news is good news. I’m just telling myself that they’ve had over a month to reject me and that patience is a virtue.

I asked in December, I wanted to know if I failed since I did the last 10 questions of the WG in about 40 seconds. I scored 34/40 and was in the 84th percentile. CAPP results was resilience and respect, with commercial awareness as my weak point.

Reactions: bibss

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
No news is good news. I’m just telling myself that they’ve had over a month to reject me and that patience is a virtue.

I asked in December, I wanted to know if I failed since I did the last 10 questions of the WG in about 40 seconds. I scored 34/40 and was in the 84th percentile. CAPP results was resilience and respect, with commercial awareness as my weak point.
I am in the exact same situation! Really hoping no news is good news. However, my WG score was not amazing, so don't know what to make of it at this point. Let's hope we hear back soon, really going crazy waitingo_O

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
I am in the exact same situation! Really hoping no news is good news. However, my WG score was not amazing, so don't know what to make of it at this point. Let's hope we hear back soon, really going crazy waitingo_O
Personally I think CAPP will have a heavier weighting than WG, especially with the emphasis Links places on personalities! Lmao same, my exams season started the Monday just gone and I think I’ve spent more time refreshing my emails than I have with a textbook open 😅

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Personally I think CAPP will have a heavier weighting than WG, especially with the emphasis Links places on personalities! Lmao same, my exams season started the Monday just gone and I think I’ve spent more time refreshing my emails than I have with a textbook open 😅
Yes, totally get that feeling!

I've seen many people on this forum saying that the CAPP assessment is given more weight. I really hope that is the case! Either way praying we get a response soon

starman

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Yes, totally get that feeling!

I've seen many people on this forum saying that the CAPP assessment is given more weight. I really hope that is the case! Either way praying we get a response soon
    Do you think there are certain traits that they look for the most? I know the whole Agile mindset but it honestly lists everything.

I also remind myself that there was a mini-version of Watson Glaser at the end of the CAPP Assessment, so it may have some weight.

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Do you think there are certain traits that they look for the most? I know the whole Agile mindset but it honestly lists everything.

I also remind myself that there was a mini-version of Watson Glaser at the end of the CAPP Assessment, so it may have some weight.
    I attended a Linklaters event back in October and I recall them saying how they look for various personalities, no typical trainee etc. Also, as you say, all the attributes evaluated by the CAPP assessment are part of the agile mindset. So I really don't think one is more important than the other and vice versa. People have progressed to AC with very different CAPP results.

We should keep in mind that the CAPP report we get is not that detailed and grad recruitment will have much more info about our performance than we do! I do think they are able to pick up if you lied as well... And finally at the end of the day, luck plays a very important role especially when it comes to the new system Linklaters have adopted. Really hard to predict what they look for in my opinion

Reactions: eveh1784, kls and starman

LillyI

Apr 8, 2020
    Hi, how did you find about your Watson Glaser score? Did you message someone or receive an email?

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    Summer VS AC invite! This is my first AC, so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it :)
    Best of luck! Have written out some advice:

I think the main thing I'd stress is don't panic!!!! They want the best from you. I wrote something that was objectively wrong in my case study, and the Partner picked up on that straight away. But he gave me time to explain my mistake and talk my way out of it. They don't want you to be 100% right at all, they just want you to be able to explain your thinking clearly and logically (out loud).

Just be yourself and I'm sure you'll smash it! For the competency interview, I'd definitely recommend going through past questions from the TLCA and make sure you draw from both your job history and your extra curricular. Just be yourself and be honest and personable.

Best of luck and let me know how it goes! Hope this helps.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.