Linklaters 2019/20 Application

DJMG

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Congratulations!! was this for the spring or summer scheme?

Got invited to the AC and now have to put in my work experience details. Are we only allowed to put in 3 different things in the work experience section? It's not giving me the option to put any more in which seems a bit odd considering they didn't mention there was a limit (to my knowledge at any rate)
Huge congrats!! When were the AC dates they offered you?

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
I applied mid November for the spring vs and have yet to hear anything, wondering if that means its a rejection
Rob’s the first person I’ve seen invited to an AC that wasn’t on the Pathfinder scheme. Links have sent out plenty of rejections weeks ago, I think we just have to be patient and wait for invites too.

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Yeah I’m the same - on hold and still waiting. Although I know some have been rejected and some have had ac offers.
    Now the age-old question of whether still being put on "hold" is a good thing to rejoice about, or a bad thing to ponder on 🤣
    100% agree, we’ve just got to be patient now. I have to admit I check my emails every 15 minutes and this sub every hours and it makes me feel a little sick every time 🤪
    Same dude! While I am in no rush to hear back, I keep waking up to emails from my faculty and I'm always slightly disappointed :rolleyes:🤣

starman

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Hi!

Does anyone know what WG’s percentile score is considered a good score for Linklaters? Or to put the question differently - does anyone know what score used to be the benchmark in the past?

Thanks!

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Hi!

Does anyone know what WG’s percentile score is considered a good score for Linklaters? Or to put the question differently - does anyone know what score used to be the benchmark in the past?

Thanks!
    I've heard of people with different scores being progressed to AC (even people who scored in the 20th percentile) and of people scoring very high (in the 90th percentile) being rejected. It seems Linklaters looks at the whole app, not just your WG score.

Reactions: starman

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    I've heard of people with different scores being progressed to AC (even people who scored in the 20th percentile) and of people scoring very high (in the 90th percentile) being rejected. It seems Linklaters looks at the whole app, not just your WG score.
    This is 100% true - I was in like the 95th percentile or smith for the WG last year and was rejected

Reactions: starman and bibss

starman

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    This is 100% true - I was in like the 95th percentile or smith for the WG last year and was rejected

So it somehow seems that the Capp Assessment is the key, assuming you have good grades. And with the Capp report not actually saying much, this application process is a true riddle.

Nevertheless, thanks for your answers!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.