Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Haha I’m so glad I’m not the only one! Currently the only ‘proof’ I’m not going mad is the email from the partner who interviewed me saying congratulations on the offer but still haven’t said anything on my personal social media etc as doesn’t feel real/confirmed enough in my head yet!
I relate to this so much honestly, I didn’t announce anything til I’d signed my offer letter and everything was confirmed for the exact same reason!! The disbelief/shock can really take hold can’t it :D but you did it, huge congratulations again and it sounds like your journey was very similar to mine. It’s so hard to bounce back sometimes but definitely worth persevering for the end goal :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
100%, the rejections over the years post VS’ and (with me) not graduating with a TC when so many of my university cohort had them lined up was so disheartening and made me feel like it was never going to happen at times, but feel like I can definitely stand by the cliche that it really is the one you get that’s thousands of times more important than the rejections (and there were truly a lot!) Congratulations on yours, I know it’s probably not so recent but clearly you had to persevere a lot to get there! Just excited to have it in writing soon!
That’s so kind of you thank you :) I like to think we’ve built good resilience for when actually at our respective firms- always try to see the positives :) it won’t be too long I’m sure- so exciting!! Hope you’ve had a great weekend to celebrate :)

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Incredibly unexpectedly I was phoned on Friday afternoon to say they were offering me a TC. Still haven’t processed it as have been applying for a few years and had been on two VS’s for other firms before and was rejected at the end of the schemes due to lack of confidence in the final interviews, so just didn’t expect this to happen at all but obviously incredibly grateful and just thrilled really!! I didn’t want to say initially as the purpose of my post was for reassurance regarding timelines! But yeah it really hasn’t sunk in yet! Keep thinking I must have imagined it!
Oh I’m really sorry to push you into saying that. But massive massive congratulations!! You’ve come along way, and absolutely deserve it mate!!!☺️☺️

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Incredibly unexpectedly I was phoned on Friday afternoon to say they were offering me a TC. Still haven’t processed it as have been applying for a few years and had been on two VS’s for other firms before and was rejected at the end of the schemes due to lack of confidence in the final interviews, so just didn’t expect this to happen at all but obviously incredibly grateful and just thrilled really!! I didn’t want to say initially as the purpose of my post was for reassurance regarding timelines! But yeah it really hasn’t sunk in yet! Keep thinking I must have imagined it!
    Huge congrats! That's absolutely brilliant news - hope you were able to celebrate this weekend :D

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Well done!! Amazing firm!! ☺️

Esteemed Member
    Dec 15, 2018
    Hi all! Here’s the timeline from my Linklaters application this year -

Initial application - October 12th
    Assessment (CAPP/WG) - October 16th
    Under Review Email - October 20th
    Assessment Day Invitation - January 20th
    Assessment Centre Q&A - January 22nd
    Assessment Centre - January 28th

Fingers crossed for the rest of you still waiting!!
    Hi firstly congratulations!!
    Also how did you see your percentile on your portal?
    Please can you also share an insight into the AC? And if you have any tips from your experience. :)

KB2106

Standard Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Hi! I've been invited for a links AC for the summer vs! I applied early October so definitely thought it was going to be a rejection! I have a couple of questions if anyone is able to answer please? Links said they were doing an assessment centre q&a but I haven't received an invite for one? Also how many people generally get onto vacation schemes and how does this translate into training contract places? Any tips would also be appreciated on the AC as it is my first one! :)

Chloe L

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Hi! I've been invited for a links AC for the summer vs! I applied early October so definitely thought it was going to be a rejection! I have a couple of questions if anyone is able to answer please? Links said they were doing an assessment centre q&a but I haven't received an invite for one? Also how many people generally get onto vacation schemes and how does this translate into training contract places? Any tips would also be appreciated on the AC as it is my first one! :)
    Huge congrats! The wait is painful!!!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Would anyone who's gotten an AC mind sharing what percentile they got for WG? I only got 49th percentile so Im assuming i'll get a PFO!
    I haven't got an AC yet, but I really don't think it matters, because I've heard of people with very low WG percentiles, whereas I got like the 95th percentile last year and still got rejected
    I think they place greater weight on the Capp results

Reactions: stemlawgal and bibss

ab1147

Esteemed Member
    Jan 21, 2021
    I haven't got an AC yet, but I really don't think it matters, because I've heard of people with very low WG percentiles, whereas I got like the 95th percentile last year and still got rejected
    I think they place greater weight on the Capp results
    oh wow, thats super interesting to know thanks! its a mystery how firms choose people based on the capp results!

KB2106

Standard Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Would anyone who's gotten an AC mind sharing what percentile they got for WG? I only got 49th percentile so Im assuming i'll get a PFO!
    Hi! I actually got 59% percentile for my WG so thought I had also got a PFO! In my assessment I got highest attributes of motivation and working with others. My lowest attribute was leadership preferences!

Reactions: ab1147

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Congrats!! This is definitely giving me some hope. Did you receive the invite today? Best of luck with your AC!! We're rooting for you 🥰

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.