LLM - Personal Statement

Naz

Nov 25, 2020
Hi
Hope you are well,
I was hoping I could get some help with regards to personal statement for LLM application. I completed my LLB 9 years ago and hoping to get a place on LLM intake in Jan 2021, it’s cutting it short. Im rusted for time so was hoping for some guidance on writing my LLM personal statement.
Thank you

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Hi
    Hope you are well,
    I was hoping I could get some help with regards to personal statement for LLM application. I completed my LLB 9 years ago and hoping to get a place on LLM intake in Jan 2021, it’s cutting it short. Im rusted for time so was hoping for some guidance on writing my LLM personal statement.
    Thank you

I have written about how I wrote my personal statement here:
    https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/advice-for-llm-personal-statements.2806/.

Hope it helps :)

Krithika Dineshan

Jan 6, 2021
    Hello! I hope you are all doing well. I am applying for an LLM and I really need help with my personal statement. It would be great if you guys could share yours for inspiration or give me pointers for a good personal statement. I am really interested in the area of Bankruptcy and it would be great if you guys could guide me.

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Hi all - for places such as UCL and LSE, any idea how a low 2.1 at undergrad (graduated 10 years ago) with a recent GDL Distinction go down?

O

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 27, 2019
    Just saw this thread. I applied to LSE and UCL for an LLM and got into both. If you have any questions or anything, just let me know. Very happy to help!

kshama

Oct 9, 2020
    Hi, I'm Kshama and I'm an international student from India applying for my LLM at Oxford, LSE and UCL. I am struggling with my statement of purpose and would be extremely grateful if I could read one of yours. Thank you! :)

Angeliki

Standard Member
    Nov 7, 2020
    I'd be happy to share mine with you as well! I've written two statements, one for LSE and one for UCL - drop me a message.
    Hi! I know this is an old thread but I am currently in the process of applying to LSE and UCL in their LLM programmes. If you could share your Personal Statement with me it would be greatly appreciated.

future solicitor__

Junior Lawyer
    Aug 10, 2021
    I have been thinking whether to apply for the LLM at LSE, UCL and potentially Kings. I received a first overall in my undergrad from a RG uni. That being said my grades from 1st/2nd year are not great at all to be honest. Although I made up for that in 3rd and 4th year, I am worried the totality of my transcript looks fairly weak - I am not sure whether to apply? Does anyone have any advice please :)

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    I have been thinking whether to apply for the LLM at LSE, UCL and potentially Kings. I received a first overall in my undergrad from a RG uni. That being said my grades from 1st/2nd year are not great at all to be honest. Although I made up for that in 3rd and 4th year, I am worried the totality of my transcript looks fairly weak - I am not sure whether to apply? Does anyone have any advice please :)
    Hi @tlaw_98. I'm doing my LLM at the LSE currently and secured places at Kings and UCL as well. I do not believe that any of these universities have entry requirements based on your 1st and 2nd-year grades so your overall First should be just fine. Worth emailing Admissions in case you still have a doubt! 😊

Reactions: future solicitor__

Angeliki

Standard Member
    Nov 7, 2020
    Hi @tlaw_98. I'm doing my LLM at the LSE currently and secured places at Kings and UCL as well. I do not believe that any of these universities have entry requirements based on your 1st and 2nd-year grades so your overall First should be just fine. Worth emailing Admissions in case you still have a doubt! 😊
    Hi! I am currently in the process of applying to LSE and UCL in their LLM programmes. If you don’t mind, do you have any tips regarding the personal statement? What did you include? What was the structure you used? Also, LSE does not have a fixed word limit but they don’t expect statements to be longer than 1000-1500 words. I personally think that’s a bit long and I would just be repeating things on my CV. How many words would you recommend?

Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.