LPC Grade

Shannon Murray

Standard Member
May 14, 2020
I just got my LLM LPC overall mark (I did it self-funded), I was one mark of a commendation so I am really disappointed. I really underperformed in my January exams, which I in hindsight should have deferred or got mitigation because I was nearly hospitalised over the christmas holidays so I lost a lot of time for revision. I didn't because I never feel my reasons are good enough for mitigation. Will my LPC mark affect my TC applications?

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    Its really hard to say. It depends on how your application looks overall and which firms you are applying to, although many of them probably won't look at a pass very positively. Since you have mitigating circumstances (and being hospitalised is definitely valid), you should include them in every app you send. At the same time, however, if all of your LPC results are weak rather than just the ones for assessments sat last winter, the mit circs may not help but that depends on what exactly the issue is.

Shannon Murray

Standard Member
    May 14, 2020
    Its really hard to say. It depends on how your application looks overall and which firms you are applying to, although many of them probably won't look at a pass very positively. Since you have mitigating circumstances (and being hospitalised is definitely valid), you should include them in every app you send. At the same time, however, if all of your LPC results are weak rather than just the ones for assessments sat last winter, the mit circs may not help but that depends on what exactly the issue is.
    Thank you for replying, it is honestly only my January exams that were weak, the rest I achieved distinction and commendations. It is annoying that I didn't apply for a deferral or mitigation but as I said, I never thought my reasons were valid enough for those during exam season.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.