LPC Help?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Law, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Law

Law New Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi Everyone!

I am currently completing the LPC at ULaw (January Start) and I am really struggling with how best to make notes.

The issue is that the exams are open book and I am spending hours taking information from the book and putting it into a word document (I did this at undergrad and it was really effective) however the exams are open book and I just feel as if I am wasting my time??

Can someone who has completed/doing the LPC share how they prepare for workshops/exams, I would be extremely grateful for your help.

2. D

D Legendary Member
    Future Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    If you are replicating the book, this does seem like an inefficient use of time.

Have you spoken with your cohort to identify what their strategy is?

3. Jaysen

Jaysen Legendary Member
    Staff Member

TCLA Credits:
    I did my LPC at ULaw. Personally, we all had access to notes that previous students had passed down, so I didn't spend too much time making new ones unless there were gaps. I'd just focus on understanding the content.

For the exams, while they are open book, just note that you'll be under pressure - I think the key for me was making sure they were as concise and accessible as possible.

• Like Like x 1